Suggestion April Fools went too far

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ohmdiver

ohmdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This past 4/1 the mods decided to allow certain controls to be turned of to help play a joke on the rest of us. (I am pointing directly at the
"Pssst...lets talk about them while they are not here" thread in Humor forum)
In a pm to me I was accusesed of personally attacking someone.

I fell for the joke and unintentionally caused someone else some pain.
For causing someone else pain I am truelly sorry.

In my pm to the person who clued me in, I asked if anyone else was asked to apologize for undue pain caused by this joke?

Does anyone else think this joke went to far? or had the potential to go too far?
Is anyone else feel any undue pain because of this "joke" thread?

Leejnd:
I'm starting a suppport group. "Hello, my name is LeeAnne, and I am a Scubaboard-april-fools-joke-aholic."

Hello ^you^ :wavey:

SteveDiver:
One could say that the moonie smiley in your post is infantile as well...
Yes. One can say it, butt will I care? Get it?:rofl3:

fairybasslet:
Yes. One can say it, butt will I care? Get it?:rofl3:

:10: :mooner: See...you do have humor as long as YOU think it's funny "it's ok"...Get it?
:weakest:

are those girls European or something?

fishb0y:
I herby crown LeeAnne "Queen of April Fools"
Hey! I resemble that remark! (And how on EARTH did you find my picture on the Internet?) :king: :D

timle:
Maybe because I'm a computer programmer but I saw through the trick immediately. I found it boring and childish. April 1st is full of Internet pranks that are neither funny nor clever - especially after the millionth person forwards me the joke or post Thats the problem with the internet and April Fools Day too many people involved and just gets old quick. How many ^you^ threads were started yesterday? 1-2 is funny. 10-20 is just annoying. 20+ is just sad.

I like a good joke as much as the next guy. I find it really stupid to dedicate a day to it , I ignore everything I hear April 1st. Where is the joke? Slashdot is like this too, nearly every article is a joke - so its not watch out for the joke - its all these are jokes - boring. Same thing with google every April Fools Day they have a big news release - does anyone fall for these any more?

Is this a joke?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom