April Weather Check Needed for CCV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chaseh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Doc and other experts,

It's looking like we're gonna have to reschedule our planned trip to CCV from June to possibly April.

I know the weather is basically ideal in June.

What can we expect in April? What's the topside like, and what the sea like on the CCV end?

Thanks in advance.

The longer you can wait into the second quarter the happier you will be. April has always been a :wink: time, May even better. I have had some great weather in August. Seems like the last and first quarter of the year it's always rainy.

April should be fine on both North and South sides, the trades haven't really picked up by then, June will be worse on the south side, the waves can start to get big at that time.

It depends on your definition of "fine", Will. Roatan's soft, warm rains, not needing suntan lotion or sunglasses, and extra elbow room on the dive boats make for a very fine trip, as some of us can attest!

Steve

Yeh Steve, you certainly saw how rainy rainy season can be! I never actually said goodbye as we walked off the plane Sauturday - Hope to see you back in Roatan soon for more fun and games on Hole in the Wall - hopefully the weather will be kinder next time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom