April - where to go for diving, rest & good company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

empeg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,

I'm looking for place to stay in Caribbean for ~20 days in April/beginning of May.
I'm doing a work trip to US at the beginning of April, and want to do some holidays after. Below some "conditions" for the location:

I'm going alone - so I'll be looking for some company to dive with and to have a beer in the evening :wink: (I'm 30).
I don't like big luxury places. Always prefer backpackers places over ones with big resorts. Last year I spent 10 days on Bonaire, and I was really enjoying freedom there.
Diving centers - I prefer more relaxed diving ones over very organized and strict ones.
And of course I'm looking for impressive diving, and for some bigger creatures in the water. :wink:

My current pick is (based on beautiful pictures :p and general descriptions of diving conditions) Turks & Cacois - but I'm not sure yet if it will work for me.
The other idea is Saba.

So - based on what I wrote above, any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance!

Greg

ps. I may want to do Rescue Diver certification -so I'll be grateful for any info on good DC/divemasters to do that with

Last edited:
I would look into Utila or Roatan's West End. Lots of small backpacker type hotels and inexpensive. Also, Utila has whale sharks March-April every year.

Something new to google about, thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom