Aqua Lung i330R?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if the i330r could offer custom Buhlmann if they put out a software update.

The main issue is UI for entering them, if they already have it for entering %O2 it shouldn't be too hard to add it for entering GFs. Still, this is extra coding work. Presumably the room for that extra code won't be a problem these days, but who knows what chips they put in there...

Edit: that doesn't mean their legal dept will let you set GF to > 90 though.

I wonder if the i330r could offer custom Buhlmann if they put out a software update.
Is it that important for recreational diving?
The "DSAT" algorithm in eg Oceanic is very very liberal.
I would be interested if there is a no frill version ie. black and white at much lower cost.

NOTE - Aqua Lung just did a voluntary recall of the i330r...

i330 Recall.jpg

Anyone know what the new update includes for any new options with the I330R just did update don’t see anything so far

I'm just happy to see that someone has this computer. I was (am) interested in them but it seemed like once the recall hit, everyone stopped talking about them.

Got mine back just after Christmas but haven't had a chance to dive. It was the same serial number, so I am expecting that they replaced the seal.

I just returned mine to Amazon. I was just outside the 90 day return window, but I hadn’t had a chance to use it until now. It seemed to work fine on the first day of diving (although it didn’t display a three minute safety stop. I was doing my Rescue Diver course and one of the instructors said it was because the dives weren’t long enough. Still, with a max. depth of 40’ it seems suspicious). That evening, right after downloading the dives to the logging software on my phone, the display started to flicker. I put it away and hoped for the best. Next day, I tagged along on my buddy’s AOW deep dive to try out my new GoPro and light tray. The display on the computer wouldn’t come on, so it was useless for the dive. When I called Amazon support the next day, they had me try again by holding in the two buttons and it came on. It had logged the dive and the data seemed accurate - all except for the date and time. We splashed around 09:00 and it showed a start time of 16:53. And it had changed the year to 2025. I took it to my LDS/Aqualung dealer (an hour away from me) at Amazon’s request to see if they could resolve the issue. They put it through a simulated dive and it logged it. They said Aqualung would do the same thing, plus check the software. The minimum turn-around time they’ve seen from Aqualung is two months. I called Amazon back and they agreed to process the return. I’m planning to replace it with a Shearwater Peregrine from my LDS.

I sent Aqua Lung an inquiry asking about a firmware update for the i330R or the possibility of offering custom GFs on a future computer

Did they answer?

My friend has this Aqualung, the deco stops do start deep, too deep in my opinion.

Did they answer?

My friend has this Aqualung, the deco stops do start deep, too deep in my opinion.
Hi @Rollin

No, Aqua Lung never answered this email. The i330R has 3 presents, 90/90 would not have deep stops but may be too liberal for your friend. 35/85 and 30/70 would have deep deco stops.

So, I don't know what Aqua Lung has in store for their line of computers. Apeks is owned by Aqua Lung and has come out with an AI technical computer described here Aqua Lung i330R and Apeks DSX, all in the family

Maybe Aqua Lung will come out with something between these 2 computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom