Aquacat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I would never take a nondiver on a liveaboard. Best experience I've seen would probably be on the southern route in the Red Sea, where there were good snorkeling sites and staff to lead them.
The Aquacat has kayaks for the non-diver to take out. They are also happy to run the non-diver over to a local beach on the "Sea Dog" jet boat while the divers are in the water. There is actually a lot for the non-diver to do on the Aquacat.

Thanks Hoag. We're looking to go in either May/June of 2019 or the same time in 2020. Perhaps the reefs will rebound by then. We are also looking at the T&C Explorer, but while the diving is reported to be a bit better, there aren't as many non-diving activities that I am aware of. Lots of tradeoffs!
I have also been on the TCEx2, and I loved it as well. There are a number of posts about it, but in short, you will quickly feel like it is your home and like the crew are your extended family. The diving is good and the dive briefings are perhaps the best I've ever seen. The diving is typically a sand flats @ about 50 ft leading to a wall dropping off into the abyss. It is also very "sharky". You will likely see sharks every day and on almost every dive.

As you said, there is not a lot to keep you entertained on the TCEx2 if you are not diving.

I would not hesitate to go on either boat and I think that you would enjoy either one, but there will be much more to do when not diving if you chose the Aquacat.

Late to this thread but as @Hoag said I would not hesitate to recommend this outfit for someone who was a non diver to be on. The Aqua Cat specializes in making sure everyone is getting to do what they want to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom