Aqualung Air3 on a wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW. Oceanic Air XS will fit the Oxycheq wings so by extension, it should fit the HOG as well. Now if we can just determine if Aqualung and Oceanic have the same connection. It will not fit on a Dive rite wing without an adaptor. I can measure the diameter of the Air XS if that will help.

FWIW. Oceanic Air XS will fit the Oxycheq wings so by extension, it should fit the HOG as well. Now if we can just determine if Aqualung and Oceanic have the same connection. It will not fit on a Dive rite wing without an adaptor. I can measure the diameter of the Air XS if that will help.

Yes, please. (not to cross threads, but looking real good with the sewing project!)

For everyone helping (thanks), I measured the hose on the Aqua and it is a 1"dia so that's good if I have to cobble. If the Hog dumpable inflator is 1" dia too, then I can go this route. Could someone check this for me?

I also noticed that although the Air3 pull dump wire is roll-pinned to the lower tube, the regular Aqua inflator dump wire is pinned to the valve assembly - I believe the later is probably standard, makes more sense, and is an easy mod.

Yes, please. (not to cross threads, but looking real good with the sewing project!)

For everyone helping (thanks), I measured the hose on the Aqua and it is a 1"dia so that's good if I have to cobble. If the Hog dumpable inflator is 1" dia too, then I can go this route. Could someone check this for me?

I also noticed that although the Air3 pull dump wire is roll-pinned to the lower tube, the regular Aqua inflator dump wire is pinned to the valve assembly - I believe the later is probably standard, makes more sense, and is an easy mod.

Thanks. Its a lot of work with little gain but I'm having fun with it. :D

I'll measure the Air XS tonight and let you know.

I also just noticed this about the inflator (see pics).

The outside threaded ring of the inflator is 2 1/4", probably the same as the Seaquest. But the threaded part is a ring that snaps on the back. The inside diameter with out the ring is 1.75". Could it be that the centers are the same on all inflators, and just these threaded rings are different?

Can anyone look at their Hog inflator and advise?

Attachments

• IMG_6134.jpg
    IMG_6134.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6135.jpg
    IMG_6135.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6138.jpg
    IMG_6138.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 37
Ok, the Air XS fits the Dive Rite wing too. We were told it would not but it does. The inside diameter on the external ring is 1 13/16 inch. The o-ring is 1 9/16 outside and 1 inch inside diameter.

So it doesn't look promising. I also found this old thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/222470-aqualung-airsource-3-a.html where someone clearly states the Aqualung Airsouce 3 will not fit Oxycheq or similar wings. There was talk of an adaptor but not sure that happened...

Hey Maniago! I know by the photo in another thread that you were successful at adapting the Hog and Airsource 3. How did you do it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom