Aqualung Calypso DIN conversion, does it exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so Aqualung beat me to the punch and emailed back before I could call them. Here's their response...

'Hello,

We do not carry a Din adapter for the Calypso regulator and there are not plans in the future for one. If I can be of nay further assistance I can be reach at 1 760 597 5000.

Best regards and thank you for contacting Aqua Lung

Lupe Frost
Customer Service
Phone: 760-597-5000'

So I guess that answers the question. But ultimately brings up another. Do they have a DIN first stage that would work with the Calypso second stage? That way I could just swap out the 1st stages and still hopefully save a little money.

So I guess that answers the question. But ultimately brings up another. Do they have a DIN first stage that would work with the Calypso second stage? That way I could just swap out the 1st stages and still hopefully save a little money.
You can connect the Calypso second stage to any first stage you want. Just make sure that the second stage can work with the recommended intermediate pressure of the first stage. In most (all?) cases, you should be able to.

I searched for the same set up...I went with the SP Mk 2+ with a R295 octopus..SP has a O2 clean kit that was ordered and has the green attachments and was set up with 39 in hose. It has been flawless in my Tech classes..The other route is Hollis or Dive rite....Anyway thats my opinion

I have just had a customer asking about this, it appears to be a European product and available, i'm guessing AL USA don't see a huge need for it.

Aqualung UK website shows Calypso DIN Versions,

Aqualung USA only show the YOKE.

Anybody know a good dive shop in the UK. I found the conversion kit from a company in Vietnam, but they don't ship to US.

This may be of interest:

Update: I just received an E-mail confirming that all Aqualung that and Apex regulators with a DIN connector are rated and warranted for a 300 Bar/4,351 PSI inlet pressure. Basically, the Calypso is excluded — a DIN option is not available.

...all of our regulators with the exception of the Calypso are approved for use at 300 bar using the DIN connection. Our HP seat is the best in the industry and has been cycle tested at 300 bar and is completely stable and acceptable for use at that pressure. We do not have any available documentation other than the working pressures listed in the Owners Manual which are accurate.

Aqua Lung International
Engineering Department​

Specifically there is no 300 Bar DIN available.

Several UK shops have a DIN version. I'm not clear on how many BAR it is rated for. 200 would be fine for my stage bottle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom