Aqualung Calypso, Sherwood Brut or Cressi XS2/AC2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I ended up finding the hollis 321 octo brand new for a deal (total cost for both seconds and first 310 :)) and heard it performs as good as the 212. both of them have the same service kit. Would techs mind if you brought your own service kits to them? Northeast scuba has aftermarket kits for 65 bucks total that anyone can buy, and i figured it would be easier on the tech to not have to order them and wait if they didn't have them.

it would depend on the shop i imagine. there is some markup on the kits, so some shops may want to sell you the kits themselves in order to make a little money. Even at full retail, the price difference shouldn't be enormous, so I would just skip buying kits on your own unless you planned on self-servicing.

So I ended up finding the hollis 321 octo brand new for a deal (total cost for both seconds and first 310 :)) and heard it performs as good as the 212. both of them have the same service kit. Would techs mind if you brought your own service kits to them? Northeast scuba has aftermarket kits for 65 bucks total that anyone can buy, and i figured it would be easier on the tech to not have to order them and wait if they didn't have them.

I would assume the main difference between the 212 and the 321 is that the 212 is adjustable while the 321 is not. The minor differences are the cover and hose.

I would not purchase kits from NESS unless you plan to do your own servicing. A shop may not want to install a kit purchased from a third party. Also if there is a problem after service the shop can always blame it on your kit. The only reason I can see purchasing a kit is if you are traveling somewhere and want a kit in case of a breakdown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom