Aqualung has purchased Whites drysuit company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I wish WHITES all the best. They are a good company with great products and excellent customer service.

I was a Manufacturers Rep. for Seaquest when SQ was purchased by Aqua-Lung. I well remember the "nothing will change speech". Did not take too long. Things indeed changed.

Hi Everyone,

Just so you know the official press release is posted in a sticky thread at the top of the Whites forum.

Cheers,

Justin

Well I was looking at getting a new fusion for next season. My OS is still just fine. Getting a little tight though. I'll give them the summer to see if it's worth it. If AL pulls their usual crap though with no internet sales and their draconian pricing I'll just order a another OS Systems. It'll have to be another custom like the one I have now but I'd rather give them the money than Aqualung.

Love my Fusion but I would not have purchased it if was an aqualung product - I will not spend a single cent on anything from aqualung.

I was just thinking of doing the boot upgrade and purchasing the new skin. Now I will leave it as is and replace the Fusion with a non aqualung brand in the next 12-18 months.

Dwayne

Love my Fusion but I would not have purchased it if was an aqualung product - I will not spend a single cent on anything from aqualung.

I was just thinking of doing the boot upgrade and purchasing the new skin. Now I will leave it as is and replace the Fusion with a non aqualung brand in the next 12-18 months.

Dwayne

What is your burning issue with Aqualung?

Dwayne

Dwayne,

I understand you don't like Aqualung - you weren't specific, but I get it. Here's what I got from talking directly with Whites reps when they were down here a short while ago:

- Whites will continue to have the superb customer service we have all come to know/love. The company has been acquired, but the people are still there and from what I understand, will continue to be the ones we deal with.

- Aqualung's acquisition will allow better distribution of Whites product line - this is really a good thing as it will allow us to obtain parts/service more easily (this has been difficult for some people - most notably outside North America).

Given what I got from the Whites reps, this means we will continue to get what we have come to expect, and more people around the world will be able to as well. I certainly do not see that as a bad thing.

Granted, time will tell - and these rosy predictions could turn out to be incorrect, but these guys have been straight with me since day one - they have been helpful from day one - and they are genuinely nice people to boot!

So, I am staying on as a loyal Whites fan until shown some burning reason not to be. I doubt it will happen.

On top of all that, the fusion is hands down the best drysuit I have ever seen/used. Even if Whites was a pain to deal with, I would likely be diving the suit as there's nothing better (that I am aware of) out there at this time. So, best product in the class on top of great support/service = loyal customer base.

I am certainly NOT telling you to deal with a company that you don't want to deal with. I am just saying that unless something changes in an extremely drastic manner, it seems a bit over the top to dismiss Whites due to this deal. (my personal opinion, YMMV). :wink:

I had some independent feedback and a nice PM today to update me on the Whites/Aqualung deal... Congratulations to the Whites team and congratulations to Aqualung!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom