Aqualung Legend ACD vs Legend LX ACD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After much thought and redecision on my part I opted to not go with Aqualung and the Legend LX ACd or Legend ACD after all...screw the free octo offer. I went to another dive shop in San Marcos and purchased the Scubapro MK17 S550. I'm just tired of the idea of trusting my equipment to Dive World and I wanted a local San Antonio area dive shop that could service my regs. Monday I'll call Aqualung up and explain why they lost me as a loyal customer after all these years.

Stormbringer -

Sorry to hear that they could not make it work for you. In the end you did the right thing. You gotta have trust in the LDS. Who knows what they would do when it came time for service.

You might be surprised by AL, they may offer to sell the reg direct or something. Try to talk with one of the senior marketing and sales guys. I would imagine those guys hate to hear bad news from loyal customers.

Mike

Stormbringer:
After much thought and redecision on my part I opted to not go with Aqualung and the Legend LX ACd or Legend ACD after all...screw the free octo offer. I went to another dive shop in San Marcos and purchased the Scubapro MK17 S550. I'm just tired of the idea of trusting my equipment to Dive World and I wanted a local San Antonio area dive shop that could service my regs. Monday I'll call Aqualung up and explain why they lost me as a loyal customer after all these years.

Sorry to hear that. I know I gave you the info to contact my friend in Dallas, but also understand that is quite a drive.

If you want to pursue this any further, let me know and I can put you in touch with the Texas A-L rep.

Jerry,

I much appreciate your providing me the contact info for your friend in Dallas. My wife and I decided to keep things local at this time. I do and will appreciate any further info and help in contacting the Texas area Aqualung rep. If nothing else than to explain to him/her directly what transpired and how they have lost a long time Aqualung customer because of the foolish actions of the only San Antonio Aqualung Authorized dive shop. At this point I'm seriousy considering selling off every Aqualung item in my possession so I won't have to deal with that dive shop in any other way than getting the free air for a year on my recently purchased tank. After that I won't be back.

Stormbringer:
Monday I'll call Aqualung up and explain why they lost me as a loyal customer after all these years.

Though I've got an Aqualung regulator and I will say it's a good regulator, Aqualung lost me as a customer this past year also. Actually they lost many of us as customers.

See Aqualung Discussion Thread at http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=141594

Stormbringer:
At this point I'm seriousy considering selling off every Aqualung item in my possession

I thought about that also... I actually thought about selling off my Aqualung regulator, but it seemed kinda silly after thinking about it. I mean there is no sense in selling off a pair of Aqualung booties to go pay more for a new set. But Aqualung won't get anymore $$$ from me.

Mike126:
You might be surprised by AL, they may offer to sell the reg direct or something. Try to talk with one of the senior marketing and sales guys. I would imagine those guys hate to hear bad news from loyal customers.

Mike

Actually Aqualung is highly against direct sales, internet sales, catalog sales, or any sales below list price. Their dealer agreements even stipulate that dealers can't sell for below 10% off list price. I doubt they'll sell anything to him directly.

As for them interested in customer support, several of us sent them complaints with another Aqualung problem only to have them "blow us off" and they wouldn't even reply to our emails. So they showed us that they didn't care about us as customers.

Anyway, in the end I'm glad that he found a regulator at another shop that treated him right, regardless of the brand.

-mike

Mike,

Thanks a lot for the support. I'm very happy with the new Scubapro MK17 S550 regulator and believe I've found graet San Antonio/San Marcos/Austin area dive shops that support it. While Dive World San Antonio also sells and services Scubapro I won't be taking my gear there for service. Rather Duggan Diving in San Antonio and San Marcos' The Dive Shop along with Austin's Scubaland have my business.

I feel you are right about Aqualung as a company and how little they care about us as customers. I'll definately be replacing my Aqualung products as needed with Scubapro products and won't be looking back. I've not heard one thing from Aqualung since I emailed them about my concern and complaint with the way I was treated as a customer by one of their "authorized" dive shops.

Well I'm glad you've got good gear that you're happy with.....

ScubaPro regulators are well made and most owners of them are very happy with them.

But ScubaPro isn't much different that Aqualung from a corporate and customer service point of view. You'll find just as many complaints about ScubaPro with corporate issues as you will with Aqualung.... oh well.

There are many other "customer friendly" scuba manufacturer's out there. You'll find many of them have represenatives right here on Scubaboard. Many of us try to support dealers that support their customers.... Most all of us are willing to pay a few extra bucks for a product that we'll get better support out of. The manufacturer's that don't support their customers, and Dealers, will soon be seen drifting below the radar in the industry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom