Aqualung Legend / How easy to convert to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aerodog

Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how difficult it is to convert my current yoke Aqualung Legend to DIN? Plus, how easy is it to convert back to yoke? What are the costs? How much time does it take? Is it a complex operation?

Thanks.....

I just converted mine and it was easy. Although, I actually had the LDS do the "surgery" for me, but I watched the whole thing and can easily redo it. Just means that I don't remember the specifics to tell you the step by step - sorry! Cost for the adapter was $50, and it was simply a matter of unscrewing the old and screwing on the new piece.

Its extremely simple. You remove the yoke hardware from the first stage, screw in the DIN fitting, pressure test to make sure that everything is tight, then store the yoke someplace where you will be able to find it. It takes about 10 minutes.

Northeastwrecks:
Its extremely simple. You remove the yoke hardware from the first stage, screw in the DIN fitting, pressure test to make sure that everything is tight, then store the yoke someplace where you will be able to find it. It takes about 10 minutes.

Does the yoke piece function as a DIN to yoke adaptor after removal or are those a special piece?

Not the way I've done it. You remove the entire yoke assembly and replace it with a DIN fitting. That's how I did it for a friend's Aqualung Legend LX and how I do it for all of my Apeks.

I've seen converters that screw into a DIN tank and provide a means of attaching a yoke first stage. I don't like them because (1) it raises the first stage way up off the tank; (2) it adds a failure point; (3) I don't like yoke fittings to begin with; and (4) imho, it just looks stupid.

yknot:
Does the yoke piece function as a DIN to yoke adaptor after removal or are those a special piece?

I did this too. If what you mean is can you use the yoke piece that is removed to later on use your now-DIN reg on a yoke tank, no. I had to buy a separate DIN-Yoke adapter for use when traveling to places with only yoke tanks. It works great, it does push the first stage out a bit but it has never been uncomfortable or a problem...

IMO it is preferable to converting it back and forth from DIN to Yoke...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom