AquaLung Legend LX ACD Supreme vs. AquaLung Legend LX ACD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raypau38

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone tell me what the differences between the AquaLung Legend LX ACD Supreme Regulator and the AquaLung Legend LX ACD Regulator are?

I talked to a few LDS and they said the only differences are the gold verses silver trim and the supreme comes with a "cold water mouth piece."

There is like a 15 dollar difference on the list price and the one LDS said they would throw in the mouth piece on the standard model.

Supreme has a silver cover, the other has gold.
Supreme has a pretty snowflake etched on the top, the other does not.
Supreme has a lip shield, the other does not.
Supreme has the IP detuned a bit, the other does not.

That's it. No other differences. So if you want to pay $15-20 for a lip shield, a pretty snowflake and a silver face, go for it. Otherwise they are the same exact regulator. I have used my Legend LX ACD in cold water (42-44) numerous times with no problems whatsoever.

Divin'Hoosier:
Supreme has a silver cover, the other has gold.
Supreme has a pretty snowflake etched on the top, the other does not.
Supreme has a lip shield, the other does not.
Supreme has the IP detuned a bit, the other does not.

That's it. No other differences. So if you want to pay $15-20 for a lip shield, a pretty snowflake and a silver face, go for it. Otherwise they are the same exact regulator. I have used my Legend LX ACD in cold water (42-44) numerous times with no problems whatsoever.

Divin'Hoosier nailed it. The only differences are cosmetic as he pointed out above.

The reason they did this is they wanted to come out with a "cold water line" of regulators. Well the Legend LX is already environmentally sealed, so there wasn't much more they could do.

So they added the mouthpeice guard and lowered the intermediate pressure. The lower intermediate pressure helps reduce free flows in colder water.

If you like the "gold band" better but wanted the same thing, you could buy the Legend LX and then buy a lip guard and lower the IP from about 150psi down towards 135psi +/-.

I did the opposite. I liked the silver band better so I bought the Supreme and raised the IP to about 150psi +/- . The lip guard is removable easily (pull it off) for use in warmer water. I did like using it in colder water. It did help some with fatigue on my lips from the cold water.

List price difference between the two models is $15. ($595 vs $610)

BTW... The Titan LX Supreme is more than cosmetic over the normal one. They had to add the environmental seal kit to the 1st stage on that. (Just FYI in case you got to looking at that one).

raypau38:
There is like a 15 dollar difference on the list price and the one LDS said they would throw in the mouth piece on the standard model.

Are you talking about them throwing in the lip guard with the standard model or another mouthpiece? If they are saying the lip guard, then that's nice to have for colder water as I said above. However, the regulator comes with two mouthpieces by default. One "regular" and one "comfort fit". The comfort fit has a rubber bridge in that goes in the top of your mouth. It makes the fit more comfortable. Most folks like it but I'm sure there are a few that don't, but that's expected.

mike_s:
Are you talking about them throwing in the lip guard with the standard model or another mouthpiece? If they are saying the lip guard, then that's nice to have for colder water as I said above. However, the regulator comes with two mouthpieces by default. One "regular" and one "comfort fit". The comfort fit has a rubber bridge in that goes in the top of your mouth. It makes the fit more comfortable. Most folks like it but I'm sure there are a few that don't, but that's expected.

That actually would be nice. When I finish up a 45 minute dive in 44 degree water I can hardly talk. Sound comes out fine, but I certainly can't form words very easily. I'm really hard to understand. It's actually quite funny. I'd like to see if the lip guard helps with that. It probably does.

Can you purchase the lip shield separately from AL via an AL dealer? Does anyone know?

Divin'Hoosier:
That actually would be nice. When I finish up a 45 minute dive in 44 degree water I can hardly talk. Sound comes out fine, but I certainly can't form words very easily. I'm really hard to understand. It's actually quite funny. I'd like to see if the lip guard helps with that. It probably does.

Can you purchase the lip shield separately from AL via an AL dealer? Does anyone know?

Your local dealer or service provider can order any Aqualung part from Aqualung. Just like any other regulator part. Just have them order it.

I have no clue what it costs. The difference in price between the two regulators is $15, so that might be an expected cost. But you never know on parts. Sometimes they rip you off on them (manufacturers).

I can't say it's real warm, because your lips are still in the same temp water, but I think it makes a difference.

Thank you all for your help. I'm on my way to the shop now so I'll let you all know what I end up with

raypau38:
I got the Aqualung Legend LX ACD and the Aqualung Legend LX Supreme Octopus

Enjoy. They're great performing regs.

raypau38:
I got the Aqualung Legend LX ACD and the Aqualung Legend LX Supreme Octopus

Are you sure you got the "Legend LX Supreme Octopus"? I've never heard of the Supreme octo. It's not on AL's website either.

They make the Legend Octo, the ABS Octo, the Legend Glacia, and the Calypso/titan Octo (for the Aqualung line)

Back
Top Bottom