AquaLung Legend LX ACD Supreme vs. AquaLung Legend LX ACD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is what I was told.

The legend regulator needs to have a specific octo for it, either the Titian or the Legend octo. The reason for this is because of the balanced first stage, any other octo would free flow once a certain depth is achieved. The Titian is made for warm water and the Legend for cold. Does it really matter, probably not.

Now to the question you asked. The octo is a "supreme" because it is designed for cold water (it has a anti-freezing mechanism,) the snow flake is etched on top the octo, and the box says supreme on it.

I am pretty sure that Aqualung only makes the Legend octo in one flavor and while it is supreme because of the snowflake it is just advertised as the octo for the legend line.

raypau38:
Now to the question you asked. The octo is a "supreme" because it is designed for cold water (it has a anti-freezing mechanism,) the snow flake is etched on top the octo, and the box says supreme on it.

I am pretty sure that Aqualung only makes the Legend octo in one flavor and while it is supreme because of the snowflake it is just advertised as the octo for the legend line.

One Legend Octo and it has the snowflake. It's the Octo that is recommended for ALL Legend 1st stages. Actually, there's only one Legend 1st stage. The differences are all in the 2nd stage.

Yes, the lip shields do make a difference, however they make the reg shift in your mouth as you swim, it takes a little to get used to. And yes the only difference is the pressure setting in the 2. My LDS sold me the warm water version, reset the pressure, and threw in the $13 lip sheild for free. Your LDS can get or should have the lip shields.

djb_1965:
Yes, the lip shields do make a difference, however they make the reg shift in your mouth as you swim, it takes a little to get used to. And yes the only difference is the pressure setting in the 2. My LDS sold me the warm water version, reset the pressure, and threw in the $13 lip sheild for free. Your LDS can get or should have the lip shields.

Thanks. I think I'll have to give them a try. Two dives today in 43 F water and I sounded like I was on novocain.

raypau38:
Here is what I was told.

The legend regulator needs to have a specific octo for it, either the Titian or the Legend octo. The reason for this is because of the balanced first stage, any other octo would free flow once a certain depth is achieved. The Titian is made for warm water and the Legend for cold. Does it really matter, probably not.

You know... I've had a dive shop tell me this before... I asked them where they got their information, and they had no clue... Maybe that's what Aqualung says, but I think the above they told you is an "old wives tale". (but maybe I'm wrong).

The Legend LX comes from the factory at 150psi Intermediate Pressure (IP). The Supreme comes at about 135psi IP. The titan isn't set that far off from either. You should be able to use either reg with either octo. Otherwise they would have problems with the IP difference.

The ABS I've got works fine with 150psi IP. It might have free flowed one time right as I got in the water, but I've seen peoples regs do that a lot of time.

I think there was a thread here a year ago or so that had this included in it and had in it that any octo would work with the regs. I'll search and see if I can find it.

-Mike

Basically correct though last thing I knew, the difference was in the cracking pressure setting not the IP, all the Legends having an IP of 135, but the tuning specs for the Supreme calling for a cracking point about 0.3" higher than the standard version. So the Supreme is actually a lower performing reg. This tiny change was apparently enough to allow the Supreme to qualify for the CE snowflake cold water rating.

Nothing to lose sleep over, though. Since the difference is in the tuning specs rather than any physical difference between the two versions, a slight twist of the screwdriver can make a standard Legend into a Surpreme, and vv. And since the specs for the standard Legend are 0.8" to 1.4", and 1.1" to 1.7" for the Supreme, if you tune one to between 1.1" and 1.4 then it will be simultaneously both!

mike_s:
So they added the mouthpeice guard and lowered the intermediate pressure. The lower intermediate pressure helps reduce free flows in colder water.

If you like the "gold band" better but wanted the same thing, you could buy the Legend LX and then buy a lip guard and lower the IP from about 150psi down towards 135psi +/-.

can anyone can tell me what is the diffrences between the legend glacia and the apexs xtx200? and which one will be better?
thank you all
ofer

ofer:
can anyone can tell me what is the diffrences between the legend glacia and the apexs xtx200? and which one will be better?
thank you all
ofer

Since these two two regs have nothing to do with the Legend in the original post and this thread is at least 7 months old with no activity, you'd prob get better answers by opening a new thread. FYI.

Back
Top Bottom