Aqualung Legend LX Supreme....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theatis:
Sorry Divin'Hoosier, but that's incorrect. It's true that generally internet sales entail loss of warranty (especially in the case of grey market sales a la Leisure Pro) but that is NOT the case with Dive Sports. I just bought my Apeks XTX-200 from Phil at Dive Sports and it is most definitely warranted, same as Aqua Lung products. If in any doubt you can check the AL website, DS is indeed a legitimate dealer as listed there.

I know this may be of little relevance to someone in Sweden, i just wanted to make the clarification because i dealt with DS, had a great experience and wouldn't want this misconception to linger for other potential buyers.

Thanks for the clarification. For those of us who frequently purchase goods off of the internet, like I do, that is good news. However, I am curious how Dive Sports is able to get around what I thought was an AquaLung limitation. So your reg came with a warranty card so that it can be services at a LDS under warranty?

By the way, I have purchased from Dive Sports before. I just recently bought my M1 Momentum dive watch from them.

I owned a couple and loved them. I have moved to the apex line since but I have nothing negative to say about them. I've used them in waters down into the 30's and quite deep and I had zero issues.

Aahhh! I think I've got it (maybe!). I don't want to hijack this thread, but I think I figured out how Dive Sports is able to sell Aqua Lung and still keep the warranty. Their website clearly states that on-line sales of Aqua Lung gear is not allowed. So they put all of the info about the product on-line, and give you a number to call for pricing and to order. So ... it's actually a phone order not an internet order. Tricky. Did I get it right! Is that the key? Am I a genius or what? Most likely "or what"! :bash:

Is Dive Sports discounting more than 10% on aqua-lung products?

The Legend LX Supreme is also environmentally sealed and has the accesories to make it a cold water regulator. It has different heat sinks and a different mouthpiece.
Not just a snowflake on the front of the second stage.

rixemailfl:
The Legend LX Supreme is also environmentally sealed and has the accesories to make it a cold water regulator. It has different heat sinks and a different mouthpiece.
Not just a snowflake on the front of the second stage.

This is not true. I just went through complete training on this regulator from an authorized Aqualung representative and both versions are environmentally sealed and they both have the same heat sink. You are right about the mouth piece though. The Supreme also comes with the lip sheild but in my opinion it's just there for marketing value and doesn't make any difference on your lips. I have the same lip sheild on my Titan LX Supreme and with or without my lips still get cold. Someone said earlier that they are about a $15 difference. I'm not sure if that is acurate but if it is then I guess it's more of a coin toss. Either way you will be getting a fantastic regulator because they are the same regulator. :thumb: :fro:

Al Mialkovsky:
Is Dive Sports discounting more than 10% on aqua-lung products?

I just bought a new AquaLung Legend LX Supreme this morning from Dive Sports (http://www.divesports.com). Now I'm really ready to go diving
and check it out!

They've got a big sale on their AquaLung reglators right now!

I wasn't planning on buying the "supreme" when I went in.... but it was an
easy choice and only an few extra bucks. From what I can tell, the "supreme"
has only a few differences: The removeable mothpiece guard, the snowflake,
the metal ring around the 2nd stage is silver instead of brass colored, and the
pressure is set a little lower at the factory (but you can reset that, which
they did for me....).

I read a couple things and talked to a few people that had used the mouthpiece
guard and they said they liked it. It also is easily removeable w/o any tools.
it just slides off. I also like the silver ring on the 2nd stage better, but that's
just cosmetic preference.

Dive Sports has great prices on these. As for the discount you were asking
about... They do have their AquaLung regulators priced much cheaper than
the other AquaLung stores I've seen. So yes there is a discount. I've just
never done the math to see if it was more/less than 10% from others But even
better than that.... They've got them on sale price even lower now also.

For the sale info... goto their web site http://www.divesports.com/ and look
for the sale notice image on the left side in about the "third row" of their pages
products....

You can't go wrong with buying stuff from Phil at Dive Sports.

-Mike

mike_s:
I just bought a new AquaLung Legend LX Supreme this morning from Dive Sports (http://www.divesports.com). Now I'm really ready to go diving
and check it out!

They've got a big sale on their AquaLung reglators right now!

Are they selling the legends with the new auto closure device on the 1st stage?

Spragg01:
Are they selling the legends with the new auto closure device on the 1st stage?

Yes... they are selling the new Aqualung's with the auto-closure-device. But I don't think they were included in the sale. They do have better prices on them than most dealers. So it's still a better deal. Call Phil at 800-601-DIVE and he can help you out.

I got the one without the ACD. They have both.

Check out http://www.divesports.com/IndexPages_Cat/regulators_cat.htm

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom