Aqualung Micron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spot on JB I agree. In theory, a larger diaphragm should mean easier breathing.
I would like to hear the opinion of a reg tech.or someone who understands reg theory.
OK, I have a titan lx supreme, some conshelfs and am strictly a AL guy,and the Mikron
certainly is attractive....but I balk at the size of the diaphragm. I see the Mikron more as
a vacation type reg..... Just my 2cents.
PORBEAGLE

JB:
BET, It strikes me that the area of the diaphragm is crucial to ease of breathing. I don't believe a small 2nd stage will ever be as easy as a larger one. I have experimented with the Beuchat VR200 with the VR (Micron Size) and the VX (standard size) 2nd stages and there is a definite difference, the larger second stage is easier.

Hi there, I have the older AL Micra ADJ and it breathes much easier than my "standard sized" DiveRite RG2500 2nd, I prefer it.:)

I have a Mikron. Bought it last year and used it for seven dives in Hawaii. It's great for traveling - light, packs real small. It breathes nicely at depth. I hardly knew it was there. I did have some trouble with free-flow at the surface a couple of times. Did notice bubbles more than with others I have used but not too bad. I plan to keep it since I always travel to tropical locations to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom