Aqualung Outlaw with 25lbs bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skyperbon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently bought an Outlaw BCD with 25lbs lift capacity bladder.

I just got a call from the store and they mentioned that they gave me the wrong bladder size and I should instead be using 12lbs bladder and that the 25lbs is for tec divers and that I should get it changed.

Is there any truth in this?

Should I go and get the BCD/bladder changed?

Can I still use the BCD without changing the bladder?

This is my first BCD that I have bought. Used to rent when I go for diving. So may not be an expert in this.

Any help would really be appreciated.

12 is really cutting it short, you see 16 to 18 for most tropical wings. i would keep it to 25 and just go diving.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Outlaw owner here.
It's 11, not 12. I would use that if you are diving without any wetsuit.
Otherwise, use the 25 and get the 10lb weight pockets.
You can also get Aqualung trim weight pockets for the tank band which I would use if you are diving with an AL80.

Unless you paid (less) for the 11# bladder and the dive shop realized that their mistake cost them money, then I would explain to them that you are happy with the 25# bladder and that you intend to keep it. If they respond with something to the effect of "But you only paid for the 11# bladder ..." then offer to pay the difference. In the long run, I think that you will be much happier with a 25# bladder than you would with an 11# one.

I agree with everybody else. I would stick with the 25lbs. bladder.

Outlaw owner here.
It's 11, not 12. I would use that if you are diving without any wetsuit.
Otherwise, use the 25 and get the 10lb weight pockets.
You can also get Aqualung trim weight pockets for the tank band which I would use if you are diving with an AL80.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Might be using wetsuit for a few dives so I think I better keep the 25.

I bought the weight pockets when I got the BCD.

Unless you paid (less) for the 11# bladder and the dive shop realized that their mistake cost them money, then I would explain to them that you are happy with the 25# bladder and that you intend to keep it. If they respond with something to the effect of "But you only paid for the 11# bladder ..." then offer to pay the difference. In the long run, I think that you will be much happier with a 25# bladder than you would with an 11# one.

Ah. That makes sense. I’ll give them a call and check. I am fine to pay a bit more and keep the 25 than to go to 11.

For me the 11lb wing was great with a 3mm wetsuit and 7lbs of weight on AL80s. I'm not sure if I would notice a drag difference between the two wings, but it felt quite dialed in after a week of diving it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom