AquaLung SlingShot Fins HELP Plz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zaixon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok so i've heard great things about the Slingshot fins and really would like to order them for my trip to the keys this weekend. Anyways I can get a great deal for em online from LP. I just need to know about sizing. Up until now I have used full foot fins.
Earlier today I went into Divers Direct and picked up a pair of dive boots (evo) and tried this fin on in the store and the Regular size seemed to fit, i'm Size 11 in the dive boot by the way. So stupid me didnt try on the L/XL size. Now if anyone has these fins can you give me advice on sizing. How should it fit to your foot? again i'm new on the open heel fins...

Zaixon

Sorry, I just noticed your post today. I guess it is better to respond late than never. I am not sure if you were you referring to Whites EVO Dry suit boots or some type of wetsuit boots. I have a Whites Fusion dry suit with their EVO3 rock boots (size 13 rock boots). I also own L/XL AL Sling Shot fins. My feet would have fit into my fin pockets with a longer strap. However, my feet were not super comfortable with that combination due to the high arch of the rock boots. As a result, I bought a XL pair of a Hollis F-1 fins when I dive my dry suit with EVO3 rock boots. I love that combination! If you were looking for a good fin to use with a dry suit rock boot, I like the Hollis F-1's, and you would take a large in those. As far as the Sling Shot fins go, it is too bad the Sling Shot fins did not work in my case as I do love using them! On a related note, I really think highly of my Sling Shots as I kept those for my wet suit diving. In the event you are talking about some type of wet suit boot, I wear the L/XL size Sling Shot fin, and I normally wear a men's size 12 shoe. The L/XL Sling Shots should fit you in that case. With open heel fins, you have a lot more flexibility with sizing as the straps make the fin size adjustable. I would also recommend that you check out sizing on the AL website if you are still unsure. I hope that helps you out.

Kfilly

thanks for the reply. I got it all figured out. I dive wetsuit and evo boots (FL diving no drysuit needed) I too am a size 12 mens shoe and purchased the size Regular slingshot fins and they work great, seemed to be a perfect fit, only thing was my heel hungover the back a bit but they assured me at the dive shop that was normal and I wouldn't have any problems. Now I was using the size 11 evo boot on my trip and it ended up being one size too big. After my trip I swapped it out for a size 10 boot and everything fits perfectly now, I love the fins. And this way if I happen to not have boots with me can still use the fins without em. It hurts after a while but at least its always an option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom