Aqualung (Tian) Micra Adjustable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have experience with the Aqualung Titan Micra Adjustable reg? My wife is interested in it due to the small size. I know Aqualung is a good brand but I am concerned about bubble interference (which at least one person on the board has complained about).

Other options were the Titan/Legend standard models and the LX models. However, she doesn't like the larger 2nd stage.

Thanks!

i used it on one dive. never wanted to go near it again. bubble interference is extreme. i had a titan lx. this is the optimal size in my opinion. have now moved on to a tx50 because of better control over breathing (performance is also better but i'd say its not very noticeable for recreational depths). yes, the tx50 is bloody big but it really doesn't make much of a difference underwater. comfort wise, it is probably the mouthpiece which makes the biggest difference.

I had the Micra ADJ with a Cousetau first for about 2 years and found it to be a wonderful reg. It was a very easy breath and I never had a problem with bubble interference although I'm sure it has something to do with orientation in the water. I've heard some people say that it also has freeze problems, but that also was not my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom