AquaLung TITAN Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speargunpilot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone,
I am in the process of starting a rebuild of my Titan first stage. I got the rebuild kit 900001. According to the manual I need to install O-ring 5g (part number 8200-77 over the boss inlet, all the way to the base. Also according to the manual that O-ring is included in the standard kit 900001. One problem, there is no O-ring that is that size, nor is that part number in the 900001 parts list I got. I can only think two things. 1. I got an older kit and new manual or 2. I got a old manual and newer kit. The kit is labeled 2010.

Thoughts? Anything would be helpful!

Mark

I would use the old one if it appears to be in good shape being that it is a "static" o'ring, or I would look at another kit and see if there is a missing o'ring.
It happens. I see what you are looking at, but I don't have a kit handy to see if the o'ring is in the bag. I see it is in "bold" type and should be, but again ..it happens.

I almost wish it was on the list with the kit. Unfortunatly it's not. There is no old o ring, because um going from a yoke to a DIN. I'm tempted to go to home depot, but the thickness may not be the same. I'll just be patient.

According to the 2001 and 2006 part catalogs, the part number for that oring is 820017. My 99 Titan manual does call it a 8200-77, that may be a misprint or it could be a number change. In any case your new kit would likely have the -17 part.

No, don't go to home depot, it may not be the same. The reg's are designed with different spec's
I can check tomorrow when I can look at the new service kits and see.
My manual call for a 8200-77 (5g) as well, but it is an older one. Didn't the "DIN conversion kit" have the o'ring.
I'll look tomorrow and let you know

Thanks guys,
No I would never do the home depot thing. I have seen way too many deaths by people going to home depot. It was a 5 second thought. Anyway I was optimistic. But, no joy. There is no -77 or -17 in the kit. I rejected the kit number and everything. PN00001. It has the diaphragm kit (103425), hp seat 105940, 820120, 820094, 957004, 820011 (X3), 820038, 820080, 119129, 863051, and finally 105106 (filter).

No the DIN did not come with the O-ring.

Ah, the plot thickens. I came across this ebay item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AquaLung-Titan-...482?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3366b278e2

It has the same red front with all the same words and regulator numbers. It even says PN 900001, But it has a filter washer in it. my kit does not, nor does it say i should have it. the kit on ebay still does not have the 8200-77 or 8200-17 either. Wow! how can PN900001's be so different? weird.

The kit you linked to is what I am used to seeing and have been the same for the last few years. For the last 11 years the kits I receive have always included the filter.

Hallmac,

Filter washer is what my kit does not have either. However, it does not say I should. but in the manual it says all these things should be in this "standard" kit. Many inconsistencies in this industry. Nothing new.

Hallmac,

Filter washer is what my kit does not have either.

Thanks after reading the English language for almost 45 years you would think I would get the hang of it. :D

It is no longer a necessary part. Of Course, it never was.

It was one of those things that you think you should have to prevent an issue. Then later on you understand that linear thinking often leaves out reactionary events. The new kits do not have them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom