Are all Scubapro regulators made in Italy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suspect the other manufacturers must use virgins too. I don’t see a big price differential between Apeks, AL, AA and Poseidon. Do you?

I saw a Scubapro black carbon tech regulator that was listed for $1,800. For comparison there was someone on ebay selling the TUSA version of an S360/MK-17 for $169 + shipping. I doubt that the carbon version would breathe much better.

For Apeks, I always recommend the ATX series, there was a UK shop selling an ATX-40/DS4 for a bit over $200 US. Add an aftermarket knob and your good to go. Sure there are some drawbacks like only one HP port and no turret or bottom port, but it is a competent cold-water regulator.

Aqualung I never recommend because I find their product line-up too convoluted. However, Scubapro is now just as bad, so I may need to reconsider.

Poseidons are made by elves deep in the forests of Sweden.

Pfff...Scubapro Mk25Ti EVO with a S620 Ti is over $2,200.

@MaxBottomtime what are you basing that last statement on?
It specifically says at 1:43 that part of the machining work is done by other companies contracted by scubapro...

No, they don't get a block of brass delivered to the factory which is magically turned into a regulator. Just like all manufacturing, some parts are out-sourced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom