Are dry suits worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13: How easy is it to get in and out of the suit without help? Did you get the extra warranty with the suit that DRIS offers?
Thanks

You mean my USIA? I can get in and out of it myself. Yes, I did get the extra warranty ( the $500 one that covers a zipper replacement every 3 years).

Drysuits are a lot like girlfriends... to keep they require attention, care, time, and money. Sometimes more than you want to give.
But they're worth it all when they let you snuggle in and get warm.
Until your buddy borrows your suit. They're never the same afterward.

You mean my USIA? I can get in and out of it myself. Yes, I did get the extra warranty ( the $500 one that covers a zipper replacement every 3 years).
Thanks Marie13.

Until your buddy borrows your suit. They're never the same afterward.

Why the heck would you let someone borrow your suit?! I guess that's one advantage to going custom. Chances are no one else would fit it!

1355331549061.jpg

Drysuits are awesome - it's one of the best investments you'll ever make. It will allow you to use all your gear much longer into the season - it's currently winter here in Michigan and I'm still able to dive. If you have a drysuit it turns our normal few months of warmish diving into a full 12 if you want it.

I dive solo frequently. I need a dry suit that can don and doff without help. I'm not too flexible considering a half ass rotator cuff repair but it works. Thinking hard about a Aqua Lung Fusion front zip oval or diagonal. Any suggestions appreciated

I have a Bare compressed neoprene suit. It is diagonal front zip, and is stretchy but does not have a telescoping torso. I can don/doff it by myself, but getting the top over my head requires contortions - especially if I'm wearing thick undies.

I have a Waterproof trilam suit. It is diagonal front zip, and is not stretchy but does have a telescoping torso. I can don/doff it by myself easily. The telescoping torso makes it really easy to get the top on over my head.

Some diagonal front zips have the high end on the right. Others have it on the left. If you only have one bad shoulder, you might want to select for a zipper that has the high side on the same side as your bad shoulder, since you'll be using your other arm to reach up there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom