Are Force Fins really that bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did quite well finning backwards in my Apollo's biofins while focusing on the reef sharks that were swimming around us.......

The correct statement would be that they are the fin that works for you, other people might like different ones.

They work, the proof is in the pudding.

Ok, we can all agree I think. They work for some people and other people think they make you look like a deranged duck with an empty wallet.

WreckWriter:
They go nicely with the bicycle shorts with pockets sewn on :D

WW
LOL.. Maybe we can start calling them "X-Fins"..

LOL. Thanks guys. I now have visions of some guy waddling around the parking lot in bright flowered shorts and Force fins........

O-ring:
LOL.. Maybe we can start calling them "X-Fins"..
You'd have to charge an additional 20% for the "X" factor.

smrtblnddiver:
LOL. Thanks guys. I now have visions of some guy waddling around the parking lot in bright flowered shorts and Force fins........

Hey I resemble that remark :bonk: .......Just kidding...I am really...I don't even own a pair of flowered shorts..well maybe one pair.

Reading this thread made me curious, so I went to a web site and read about Force Fins.

They have one called the "Excellerating" that sells for $198.95. They can be customized with the following options:
Comfort Inserts $15.95, Bungie Heal Straps $26.95, Sharkes Teeth $54.95
Speed Pods $54.95, Whiskers $54.95
Provided all the options can go on at the same time, the total would be ... $406.70. Wow!

They also have one called an "Extra Tan Delta" that sells for $428.95!!!! I kid you not. Double-Wow!

Back
Top Bottom