Question Fins opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Order of preference:

1. Scubapro SuperNova (or SuperNova Tek). They are the last fins you will buy. Totally awesome. I put away all other fins I have.

2. Scubapro Go Sport or Go Sport Gorilla. Awesome light fins.

You can't go wrong with any of these two and you will be getting the best; comfortable, light, powerful and super fast kicks with least effort. I do lots of surface swimming from shore to get to my "drop down" point. Usually around 1km and swim around 1 - 2 Km underwater. I can go longer, faster and more comfortable with these fins from SP. I can do all types of kicks without any issues. Swam in heavier currents without issues.

+1 for Force Fins

Order of preference:

1. Scubapro SuperNova (or SuperNova Tek). They are the last fins you will buy. Totally awesome. I put away all other fins I have.

2. Scubapro Go Sport or Go Sport Gorilla. Awesome light fins.
Burhan, what do you like better about the SuperNova?

Burhan, what do you like better about the SuperNova?

VERY fast flutter kick like nothing else, almost effortless. It can do all other kicks also. I was diving in Hurghada for almost 3 weeks recently and I had the SuperNova and Go Sport with me. I tried them both and even had one on one foot and the other on the other foot. I had other friends try them for several dives, very experienced tech divers/instructors, and they had the same feedback. They are Mares fin users.

The Go Sport is no slouch either, it is a great fin too but the SuperNova is stronger. I switched to the Go Sport the last 3 days in the trip when I was diving the Coral Garden because the Go Sport were shorter and I was paranoid about touching and damaging the most beautiful coral there.

If I only had the Go Sport, would I upgrade to the SuperNova? It depends. If I am doing the long distance surface, or even bottom swimming, and use the flutter kick a lot, then it will be worth it to get the SuperNova. If not, then I'd be content with the Go Sport (I think). The SuperNovas offer the ability to switch footpockets so that I can have different size footpockets to fit different thickness boots and also to be able to use full footpockets. I can also buy a SuperNova Tek blade to use with the SuperNova footpocket. More versatility and adaptability with the SuperNovas than anything else in the market.

Hello,

I'm looking to get a pair of fins that's more convenient to travel with. So far I really like the TUSA Hyflex Switch Pros. But I'm also looking for recommendations for fins that come apart.

I wear Fourth Element Amphibian boots for all my dives.
if you are looking for fins that come apart, scubapro supernova may meet your need

Anyone know the difference between Supernovas and Seawing Gorillas? I got a pair of the latter and I have gotten use to its stiffness/currents. Supernovas take apart and seems more luggage-friendly but not sure underwater how they compare.

Truefins can fold in half, flutter kick better than anything else I've tried and have an excellent frog/back kick.
I'm not a fan of the type of strap mount they use but that is a very minor comment on my part.

Friends don't let friends buy anything OMS.

Get fins that permit a wide variety of finning techniques. That excludes free-diving fins, force fins, split fins, etc.

Get a classic paddle fin with a spring heel.

GoSport fins are lightweight and are fine for warm-water single-tank wetsuit diving where there isn't a strong current. They're too soft for anything else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom