Are Lycra socks slippery on a boat deck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brucetrinity

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I looked at most of the Lycra sock threads but am unsure about traction. Assuming a boat deck that is NOT gritty or non-slip (slightly slippery in bare feet but ok in neoprene booties), are Lycra socks less slippery/more slippery/same as bare feet?

I have neoprene booties but they are a little thick for one of my pairs of full-foot fins.

Thanks !!

I made some for our Little Cayman group this year. No they aren't slick on the bottom and they keep the blisters off your feet!

Picture land 080.jpg

Nope. They are God's gift to divers wearing thick wet suits. I wear mine on dive boats all the time. They actually offer some protection as well (Well not much).

They are not slippery at all. Great for multiple days of repetitive dives, keep blisters away, makes it much easier to put on and remove a wet booty.

If the boat deck is hot (as in very hot locales), you will feel the heat of the boat deck on your feet as if you didn't have anything on.

Last edited:
Now you just have to get them and remember to take them with you! One of our divers lost his, so I gave him another pair, and lo and behold he found the first pair when he returned home!

Henderson makes a dive sock with a non-slip grippy sole....I've got several pairs of them, greatest thing since sliced bread!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom