Are Sharks teeth bad luck???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been wearing a 10,000,000 year old Great White tooth, so far, seems to be netural.

No Lottos, no car wrecks.

:mean:
I have one I have been wearing for several years, and nothing out of the norm has happen to me...... Luck is what you make of it an item does not cause good or bad to happen..... Please!!!!

Rich

I found this on the web
Saint Paul's Tongue-fossil Shark's Tooth - protection against evil eye and poison

and this
In the South Pacific region, many believe that wearing a shark tooth will keep you SAFE from sharks and bring you GOOD LUCK.

and here's a whopper from sailor legend
"a shark's tooth as a protection against shipwreck; though a branch of coral is good for this, as well as to stop bleeding and to keep off the evil eye. In default of a shark's tooth, a bit of coral or a piece of amber, he will be satisfied with a horse shoe nailed against the mast, or a bunch of garlic hung in the cabin."

That's 3 for good luck, 0 for bad.

A question for a question. Do you believe in the law of averages? And when aproached by an aggresive shark, is not having a monster powerhead a matter of luck or prudence. BAaaaMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!! Matter solved and that dog won't be teaching others new tricks. I am The apex preditor.

The period (".") is my license to indicate a retorical question.

I have about two dozen Sandbar and Gray Nurse (Sandtiger) shark's teeth and I haven't noticed a change in my luck either way...

This is one of my largest Gray Nurse teeth...

Yes, very bad luck!!
When he found out I had his tooth, my attorney sued the pants off of me, and-
Oh, not that kind of shark... Never mind.

Coogeeman once bubbled...
Anyway on returning home I showed them to a buddy of mine who said that they were bad luck?

Does anyone out there know if this is true or not?

A very superstitious

Coogeeman

You better believe it. Wearing shark’s teeth or even ever having purchased one, ranks right up there with sitting with your legs crossed, facing east at sunset, frying seafood, and drinking tap water. I’d say on the superstition top twenty, you’ve violated number three if not number two.

Back
Top Bottom