Are there any combined O2+CO combination analyzers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was looking at some of the recent posts about CO contamination in fills, and thinking maybe I should get an analyzer. So far every dive shop I've been into that does nitrox has an o2 analyzer you can use, but I don't believe they have CO analyzers for the customer. They all post their analysis sheets for their equipment on the wall. Anyway, I saw the recent posts about CO contamination events and thought it would be nice if I could find my own analyzer that does both. Does such a thing exist?

Not at this time. The CO analyzer that most are using these days is made by Analox. I believe Analox is looking into the possibility of making a dual analyzer. That said I find having both their CO and O2 not to be a big deal as they both snuggle into the little Pelican box that can be bought with the O2 monitor. On a recent trip to Bonaire we would line up or cylinders for the day in a big line. One person would record while the other took measurements, first checking pressure, then CO, then O2. It took us all of 5 minutes to do 6 cylinders.

Thanks!

One thing I have learned is you never really want combined electronics. Instead individual units mean "when" something fails you only lose half your electronics not all of them.

My O2 and CO are both in the same little box. I also use on LP inflator hose connector to test both at once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom