Which one are you?

• Just for fun

Votes: 69 78.4%
  • I crave the challenge

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive for fun.

However, some of the fun I want to have requires extensive training. That training hasn't been easy. Things which are hard hook me very easily, because I'm a constitutional overachiever.

So I dive for fun, but have to overcome challenges to do it, and I enjoy overcoming those challenges.

I'm not at all sure where that fits in the poll :)

I dive for fun at the moment. But i do enjoy the challenge of learning something new. But I will be craving the challenge of completing some tech courses later on when I get more experience, dives and cash.

Put me in the fun category. Yes, there can be challenges in learning new techniques, diving in certain conditions or if problem arises during a dive. I enjoy being underwater whether I'm on a reef or a wreck.

...or are you in it for the challenge? Or is the challenge the fun part for you?

As my diving progresses I've become very aware that I definitely fall within the last category. Without the challenge, there's very little fun - just another dive for the log book. I told myself I'd never cave dive. Then I went and got my cavern cert - and everyone was right, it was just a tease.

So, what makes diving fun for you? Are you the kind of person that likes a challenge or do you just like to look at pretty fish?

The only reason I dive is because my wife makes me. If it wasn't for her, I would sit here at my computer answering Scubaboard polls all day. :chuckle:

I'm in the "both" category too. The challenge is to improve skills, safety, procedures, etc., which makes just looking around underwater, collecting shells, etc. easier, thus more fun.

I dive to have fun. I train so that the dives I do are not challenging, but are relaxed and enjoyable.

I find challenging things fun. I have always found diving challenging, not something that came natural to me so it has been a lot of fun to master various skills as well as just get comfortable in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom