Are you a vegetarian?

Are you a vegetarian?

• Fish in the sea, not on a plate. Cow's in a field, not in a burger. I'm a veggie/vegan

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • Don't eat meat but eat fish

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • I eat the insides of an animal to please my palate

Votes: 161 72.2%
  • Best place for fish is at the end of my speargun

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • Don't eat fish but eat meat

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's true. Some people could never survive without a cell phone and a mall - nor would they want to :)

:rofl3: I got a good laugh out of reading that one. I know way too many people like that.

The best answer I ever heard and 100% natural: Video of Africa and the veldt, a vast herd of wildebeest moving...The narriator's voice, "There are three million animals in this herd; not one of them will die of old age.". If that approach is good enough for gentile mother nature, who am I to argue?

So what you're saying is that you only eat fish that were terminally ill or committed suicide? Or do you just prefer fish that were caught with nets and longlines that indiscriminately catch and kill anything in their vicinity, including the reefs in the case of many net designs?

Not against nets and long line fishing. I eat it and dont overly care how its caught.
I do get a nice feeling of justice though when a spearfisherman gets injured either by his catch or shark etc. Nature fighting back.

I also don't want to be within a mile of someone spear fishing in the water especially in low visibility.

It's all about the seasoning and preparation.

They can make a fake meat using textured vegetable protein, tofu, bean curds, wheat gluten, or other vegetarian ingredients. The most famous example would probably be Tofurky.

There are a few vegetarian restaurants where I live. There's one that's a vegan Chinese place - they serve chicken & pork balls, salmon, duck, &etc., but it's all made with fake meats.

Not against nets and long line fishing. I eat it and dont overly care how its caught.
I do get a nice feeling of justice though when a spearfisherman gets injured either by his catch or shark etc. Nature fighting back.

:rofl3: :rofl3: he's just kidding folks..:rofl3:...:confused:..uhhhhh, you ARE kidding aren't you, String?

I also don't want to be within a mile of someone spear fishing in the water especially in low visibility.

So you don't care how much it damages the ocean and the life within it? So what is your issue with spearfishing? You obviously don't care about harm to marine life since nets do WAY more...so what is your reasoning?

It's all about the seasoning and preparation.

They can make a fake meat using textured vegetable protein, tofu, bean curds, wheat gluten, or other vegetarian ingredients. The most famous example would probably be Tofurky.

There are a few vegetarian restaurants where I live. There's one that's a vegan Chinese place - they serve chicken & pork balls, salmon, duck, &etc., but it's all made with fake meats.

I have been to a few restaurants that do that. The fake meats aren't really very comparable to real meat, much like chicken flavoured crisps aren't comparable to chicken. :wink: Flavours are off and the texture is all wrong. Still tastes nice though, just would not see it as meat substitute. :)

I think such products should be eaten by fake people.

Hey I'm on the sea food diet. see food - eat it

Love it all....beef, chicken, sea food, sushi!!!!! (aka bait)

Sea food on a live aboard doesn't seem odd at all.

Although the sushi chef's get a bit upset when you yell "hey I found Nemo" as you dive in.......

Cheers

Steve

Back
Top Bottom