Are you too old to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just past my PADI OW, I'm 69. I have always led a heathy life style, not without problems though. But I think I've got a good 10 years diving in me.
Bazzer

I don't act like a old person and I don't think like a old person

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DAN can kiss my ugly old, sagging, wrinkled :censored: ....

My regulators are middle-aged. Their VO2 Max scores are stellar. Mine these days? Not a clue. I had mine measured at a sports medicine lab back in the 1980's.... guess I'm dating myself.... I had the fitness of a 20-something athlete, 'cuz I was a late-20's athlete... :blinking:

Yeah, I'm a grumpy older diver. Rode hard and put away wet for too many years.... but as long as I can keep getting wet, I wont get too much grumpier.... I hope.

I'm taking my wrinkled, saggy self diving now.

Best wishes.

Note: The above was meant to poke fun and is not serious, except for the saggy parts, my grumpiness... ahh heck, its all true. :wink:

Nice! I love your posts guys! And not to make anyone feel out of shape or anything, but if you consider carrying a few 28-34.4 lb tanks on a little hike or up and down a ladder a few times a workout, then you need to come work out in the gym with me for a day. :wink:

I got a better idea ... you come to Puget Sound and go diving with me. If I'm coming to Salt Lake City it's going to be in winter and I'm bringing skis ... Alta's still one of my all-time favorite ski areas.

I'm 62 and overweight ... work out at the gym three times a week and dive somewhat more often than that. I typically dive either an HP130 or double HP100's (sidemount), so they weigh a bit more than the range you quoted. So far I haven't had much trouble getting them into and out of the water ... and some places those hikes up a hill are a bit more effort than climbing a ladder ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am 70 now but this reminds me of a dive at Alexander Springs, Florida 10 years ago. It was my first time there and we were gearing up in the parking lot when I asked someone where was the entrance to the spring. The reply was "just on the other side of the parking lot". So I geared up in my double 72's, wet suit and 10 pound weight belt in 90 degree heat and walked across the parking lot. Turned out the entrance on the other side of the parking lot was about a 1/4 mile long boardwalk with a 50 foot stairway on the other end down to the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom