Are you wearing snorkel while SCUBA diving?

Are you wearing snorkel while SCUBA diving

• Yes

Votes: 117 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 273 62.8%
  • Other

Votes: 45 10.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if my tank was empty on the surface i would use a snorkle.

it never is so i dont.

I don't wear one, but I do carry one.
It takes up little or no room on my kit, and it's there if I need it.
I use it now and again.
I get the impression that all the proselytizing against the humble snorkel is done in an attempt to appear "more technical than thou."
It seems that unless you're using a BP/W, long hoses, and abandoning snorkels you're somehow doing it wrong.

I wore my snorkel during OW/AOW courses. Now, I don't wear mine unless I am shore diving and have a long surface swim. Other than that, snorkel is big pain to deal with and just gets in the way. I much prefer diving without one if possible.

I wear a simple J snorkel as a fashion statement, sometimes at dinner parties or faculty senate meetings. I attach it to the bungee I always wear. I scuba dive with a different snorkel, one with a large bore because it's attached to my mask with some difficult complicated gadget. Besides, I identify with the big bore.

It was so rough on the boat today and there was so much spray, I put my mask on. After a minute, I got tired of still getting mouthfulls of water. I ended up running with the mask AND snorkel in place...It was much more comfortable.. did i mention it was rough?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom