Argon first stage kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vilinsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guy, if given a choice of an Argon first stages, which would you pick, the Dive Rite Drysuit inflation regulator or the Highland Complete Argon Regulator kit? Is there an Argon first stage regulator that I don't know about that's better than these two combined? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Vlad

Hi guy, if given a choice of an Argon first stages, which would you pick, the Dive Rite Drysuit inflation regulator or the Highland Complete Argon Regulator kit? Is there an Argon first stage regulator that I don't know about that's better than these two combined? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Vlad

I'd also take a look at the ones Randy has a Piranha......

Is there any dissadvatages of using some old used first stage?
Like some old conshelf.

Maybe that have cheep servicekits or the same parts as other first stages you use.

Is there any dissadvatages of using some old used first stage?
Like some old conshelf.

Maybe that have cheep servicekits or the same parts as other first stages you use.
No.

I know nothing about argon regulators but being as argon is a Nobel gas and 1/3 of the earth's atmosphere wouldn't any regulator work just fine ?

Been using the Highland kit for 3 years now. Nothing bad to say about it, do the job nicely, although the Atlantic had been rough on it quite often (boat really rocks and rolls some times). Added an OPV and a mini SPG.

really argon is a pretty useless inflation gas anyway, but yes, any regulator will work just fine. Just fill the thing with air or nitrox, the cost/hassle of argon for the negligible benefit is just not worth it.
Use whatever you can get a stupid good price on or if you have a regulator sitting in a box somewhere, it'll work just fine as well

Back
Top Bottom