Article: Major Update to ScubaBoard - Phase 1 Complete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You all have really been up to your necks doing this upgrade, and a whole bunch of us probably have not made it any easier, by running around and trying to see what breaks, and letting you all know when something does! :D :idk:

Change is not always easy, and you have taken on a dam big job, which all in all seems to have come off pretty darned well, considering some computing "upgrades" I have witnessed elsewhere. :popcorn: :shakehead:

Thanks for doing it though. SB is a great forum, and it certainly has eaten up a heck of a lot of my time over these last 6 or so years, because it is.

Rest assured that we will continue to see what we can break, and let you know when we find stuff! :D

+1 on a mobile version.

I still need my mobile version back. I had a lot of business over the weekend that was harder than necessary to conduct because my blackberry is too slow for the full version.

+1 on a mobile version.
SB Mobile is now available here -> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=107

I will have the m.scubaboard.com link updated.

While this mobile style isn't perfect. It's all I can do right now. So bear with it.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sc...major-update-may-10-2011-a-3.html#post5898554

I'm going to be a negative nancy and profess my disdain for the new look today. The first change that was made a few weeks (or so) ago looked great, but the one today is awful. It takes up the entire screen, and looks so.. plain, and basic. You can't even get a list of forums anymore by going here: ScubaBoard - The Front Page

You just end up getting redirected here: ScubaBoard - The Front Page

Yeck: http://i.imgur.com/ahNN0.png

:-(

Geez, this comment would't even post from Opera, trying again with Firefox.

This is an interim upgrade, we have a new skin for ScubaBoard due in about a month. It's being done by a professional designer. We will be staying with .vBulletin 4.x though so the functionality will be the same, just the look/feel will change.

Someone else indicated that Opera has compatibility problems. Are you seeing it just here or on all .vBulletin 4.x sites? (like Scubatoys?) Please let us know.

Well we've been here at this site for a while. Couldn't log on. Yes, managed it now, but not sure why shut out in first place. Screen is a jumble with some text overlying other text. Posts are yards long but only an inch or so wide. Couldn't find Reply button on some other threads. They don't look like this one.

Normally we would have nothing but praise for the people who've kept this site running over the years. But am unhappy with the attitude that I am being told that this is better (I will be the judge of that - don't tell me what I am to think).

Question - can we expect this site to be further "developed"? If you feel like shouting back "Why don't you read the bleeping thread?" then that is my point. Can't read because text is overlying text and posts are very narrow and very long.

No it isn't the computer - everything else (other sites) are displaying just fine.

Hate people who reply to their own posts. But blimey is this new site psychic or what? When I hit the Send button the post went wider and most (but not all . . .) of the text is not on top of other text.

Well we've been here at this site for a while. Couldn't log on. Yes, managed it now, but not sure why shut out in first place. Screen is a jumble with some text overlying other text. Posts are yards long but only an inch or so wide. Couldn't find Reply button on some other threads. They don't look like this one.

No it isn't the computer - everything else (other sites) are displaying just fine.
Those problems seem to mostly occur when using Internet Explorer 7. If you are - try an upgrade to IE8 or switch to Firefox or Chrome and see if that helps. Also deleting the Scubaboard cookies from your browser may resolve the login issue. Lastly update Java.

Let us know if that solves the problem(s)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom