Article on Death In Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's not what I asked. Who took Gian's rant as an indication of how its done in "Europe"?

Post #152?

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Post #152?
--

That was 130 posts ago Storker, catch up buddy. You have made it clear that gian does not live in Norway...and I shut up about it. So why bring that up again? What in the post you were replying to indicated that I was implying all "Europeans" have Gian's views?

Wow, now we're raising the age-old question of where to strike the balance between government regulation/involvement and civil litigation to best serve the public interest.

Yup. And I'm futilely arguing that while different societies find their optimal balance at slightly different points along the scale, someone's opinion about "the other system" may well be based on an inaccurate conception of "the other system".

Anyway, I think I'll get out of that discussion now.

--

I submit that the same nefarious, but as yet unidentified and uninvestigated, person or persons who may or may not have had a motive to do or not do something to someone in order to make their death look like something it was not or may have been, took liberties with said persons friends observations and experiences to throw the non existent police off the trail.

Only by establishing a super powerful investigative body with subpoena powers, the duty to enact a jury, establish and fund a state of the art forensics lab solely for the purpose of investigating dive accidents, and mete out punishment for anyone found negligent, guilty, or just plain being stupid in causing a scuba death. Up to and including the death penalty.

If the guilty person is the deceased they shall be resurrected via the book of the dead and killed again. After we have interrogated them and discovered how they actually died.

Maybe by doing this we can satisfy those entities who insist on examining in minute detail cases where the cause of death is crystal clear but a dust mote fell on the lens so eye witness testimony, testing by a qualified pro under police supervision, and a clear timeline of events that is known must all be tossed out to rack up page visits and gain notoriety, as has already been stated, on the cold corpse of the deceased.

Tried it and you can shoot it and make a cig. stick into a heads mouth, but only in theory (many posts ago this was brought up by a user as an example of Police accident investigation or lack thereof).

That is why proper investigation protocol needs to be followed when conducting accident analysis, even though in this case (the Carlos diving fatality) in my opinion it is clearly user/team error and accidental death (hypothesis, not fact) - but no diving fatality protocol exist or was followed in this locality in the case of the Carlos incident.

If you click on the link below, no worries (it is not a human head and no animals were harmed):

http://www.rebreathermallorca.com/video/scubaboard/cigtest.jpg

That is why proper investigation protocol needs to be followed when conducting accident analysis, even though in this case (the Carlos diving fatality) in my opinion it is clearly user/team error and accidental death (hypothesis, not fact) - but no diving fatality protocol exist or was followed in this locality in the case of the Carlos incident.

Before writing this response, I walked around the room rapidly to let my boiling blood settle down. I think I am calm enough to write this now.

As has been said many times before, with you totally ignoring it every time, there is indeed a diving fatality protocol in the locality of this case, and it was followed.

The only problem is that you don't like the protocol.

Has anyone counted the number of times Gian has used the word "proper"/"properly"?

Kind of like the Bob Newhart show drinking game... Every time on the show someone says "Bob" you take a drink. Funny how quickly it adds up... :D

Ah the good ol days...

there is indeed a diving fatality protocol in the locality of this case, and it was followed.

Is it public and can we have a copy... maybe a journalist can source it and publish it?

Is it public and can we have a copy... maybe a journalist can source it and publish it?

This thread would be a whole lot shorter if you would occasionally read some of the things people say when they respond to you.

As I told you in two previous messages, the source you need to contact is the IUCRR, which investigates cave diving incidents and submits reports to the police. They can explain the process far better than I.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom