Assistant Instuctor course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm starting my Assistant Instructor course at my local dive club in mid-February.

This won't be followed immediately by IDC, which I hope to be able to attend in January 2006 as a very personal present to myself for my 40th birthday.

As it was outlined last night by the two Instructors who are combinedly going to teach me and the other candidate (both of us girls), this will consist first by five consecutive Sundays full day theory sessions plus of course the technique review in the pool every Wednesday.

We were told we need the Instructor's Manual and the Candidate Instructor's workbook (which I both already possess).

Any advice?

If so, also dig out your Encyclopedia of Diving and the workbook to bone up on physics and physiology. You'll be taking tests in these as well as equipment, the environment, etc.

Good stuff, Chiara! :clapping: Glad to hear you are starting AI.

Email me! :)

~SubMariner~

Great to hear that you're getting started on AI. If all things hold true to form, get ready for some of the silliest, strangest, most exaggerated water skill demonstrations that you've ever seen.:scuba:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom