At It Again – 20 August 2014 – Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSharkk

Contributor
Reaction score
www.jupiterdivecenter.com

Animals of note:

80 + or – goliath groupers. They are back for the spawn.
1 stingray
1 hawksbill sea turtle - Florida Hawksbills Research & Conservation
1 loggerhead sea turtle

Flat seas
40 ft. vertical visibility
Moderate north current
68 to 76 F water temperature

Dive buddy = Michael Patrick O’Neill

Check in = Adam

Captains = Mike and David

Dive guide = John

Deckhand = Brian

Dive 1 - Zion Train/Miss Jenny/ Esso Bonaire wreck complex

Dive 2 - Scarface Reef

Does JDC have a new captain being trained? I've haven't met David.

Thanks for the dive update/report. JDC was sold out last Saturday morning so I went out with Wet Temptations to dive the Mizpah wreck trek and Spud barge. Both had large aggregations of GG's. We had a lot of divers on the boat so the goliaths scattered to the sand on the Mispah though once the air divers surfaced a few of the behemoths returned. The Spud Barge was epic: after a few minutes most of the GG's returned to the wreck and let divers draw very close: essentially an arms length away. One guy on a rebreather was able to get under the wreck with them and hang out for 15 minutes as the crowded around him. Very nice dives

Does JDC have a new captain being trained? I've haven't met David.

Thanks for the dive update/report. JDC was sold out last Saturday morning so I went out with Wet Temptations to dive the Mizpah wreck trek and Spud barge. Both had large aggregations of GG's. We had a lot of divers on the boat so the goliaths scattered to the sand on the Mispah though once the air divers surfaced a few of the behemoths returned. The Spud Barge was epic: after a few minutes most of the GG's returned to the wreck and let divers draw very close: essentially an arms length away. One guy on a rebreather was able to get under the wreck with them and hang out for 15 minutes as the crowded around him. Very nice dives

I am glad to hear you had such a nice dive "down south" sporthlx. The new Captain is David Anderson, long time dive guide at Jupiter Dive Center. He backed the single screw Republic IV into slip like a pro. He is going to be great skipper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom