At&t Lte Service At Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to add to the AT&T cell phone topic, last month they finally got with the times and enabled WiFi calling (and text). No need for a Mexican Sim card switch anymore (as long as you have wifi).
Unfortunately, only available for iPhone 6 so far.

T-Mobile has had this for years.

Details can be found here:

Wi-Fi Calling from AT&T

Nothing to add to the 4G question.

My wife and I were there in February, just a month or so after finding out that AT&T had finally allowed roaming in Mexico without buying meximinutes. I seem to remember having LTE at times (when I noticed much faster than Hotel Coz WiFi and looked down), but the carrier, and service type changes frequently.

Just to add to the AT&T cell phone topic, last month they finally got with the times and enabled WiFi calling (and text). No need for a Mexican Sim card switch anymore (as long as you have wifi).
Unfortunately, only available for iPhone 6 so far.

T-Mobile has had this for years.

Details can be found here:

Wi-Fi Calling from AT&T

Nothing to add to the 4G question.

I saw where AT&T enabled that recently. Worst case, I figured a Telcel chip in the iPad and hotspot from there would give me my US number. Roaming Bonus coverage is better:wink:.
It will be nice for Cayman Brac.

T-Mobile is driving a lot of innovation. My hat is off to them.

My wife and I were there in February, just a month or so after finding out that AT&T had finally allowed roaming in Mexico without buying meximinutes. I seem to remember having LTE at times (when I noticed much faster than Hotel Coz WiFi and looked down), but the carrier, and service type changes frequently.

Exactly what I was seeing. I was hoping coverage had firmed up.

Thanks

Sprint has the wifi calling now too. But they added the free Mexico calls and texts, so it doesn't much matter. Of course, for me, if I used my US phone all my MX friend would have to call the US number. Don't know how expensive that is on Telcel?

It seems like I had read that Telcel was going to include calling to and roaming in the US for their customers. I found a press release from July 2015 that says it can be added to postpaid for $50 MXN and it would be added for prepaid later.
I have no knowledge other than that.
Most of the wireless carriers are creating North American plans, and Telcel will have to do the same.

Sprint has the wifi calling now too. But they added the free Mexico calls and texts, so it doesn't much matter.
I have Sprint. Can I find out on line what will and won't work on Cozumel or do I have to call them about it?

I have Sprint. Can I find out on line what will and won't work on Cozumel or do I have to call them about it?

Gun, Sprint told me in February about it. I think you can add it in your account for free: Sprint Open World You have to add it.

AT&T is the same. Add Mexico Roaming Bonus on each line, at no cost.

Free roaming calls and text, 1 Gig data.

Thank you T-Mobile.

Telcel now has unlimited calling and texts to the US and Canada. It went into effect about 3 months ago and I made the switch almost immediately. The trick is that Telcel subscribers must go in and actually renew their contracts and "switch" to this plan in order to receive this service without being billed for the international Calls. There is a minimum plan where this applies which happened to be the same monthly fee as what I already had. Prior to this, there was a plan called "sin frontera" which was an additional 50 pesos (practically nothing) a month which allowed the same thing - so basically they've dropped the 50 pesos fee.

This is great for us, but if someone with a US cell doesn't have an intl calling plan they can't call this phone. I've solved that by installing Magic Jack app on my phone which works really well most of the time.

I have a 6+ and get 4g but have not yet seen any Lte service here. That would be nice. Still no unlimited data plans but I get 7g in my plan so that's plenty. I connect to wi-Fi when available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom