Athens Scuba Park Oct. 1/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tejasmtb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My fiance and I will be in Athens the weekend of September 30th through October 2 for her 10 year high school reunion. We were planning on taking our dive gear and spending some time at the Athens Scuba Park on Saturday and possibly again on Sunday before heading back home. Neither of us have ever been there so we are looking forward to it and it will also act as a reprieve from the reunion festivities, well at least on my end haha.

We would love to meet some other people from the board and local divers, so if you think you can make it or would like to pop in and introduce yourself if you are in the area then post up and let me know.

Tejas

never been there, but clear springs scuba park is an option, is not that bad, is a good place to improve your skills

We have been to Clear Springs in Terrell, it wasn't bad. Poor visibility, but that should be expected for lake/pond diving. We would probably never dive in Athens if we didn't have a reason to be there. None the less, I am looking forward to it.

You will love Athens as it is a very pleasant dive location. As of this very moment the water temps are running around 90 degrees all the way to the bottom which averages about 18 feet right now and a max depth of about 23 feet. the vis is also around 10 feet as well. Id love to go but there are some other obligations I have in the Tulsa area around that time :(

Athens scuba park has clear waters with great visibility. It has a mud bottom and several sunken vessels (bus, cars, pipe-work to dive through.) It is almost like diving in a huge swimming pool. You will not see much in terms of fish but it is still a good dive nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom