ATL to CZM (direct) is $441 on Delta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems I have been misspelling nonstop. Well, google spelling alerts when I spell it without the hyphen. The Difference Between Direct and Nonstop Flights (Video)

BTW, my flight tomorrow cost $404/ticket in standard economy. When I priced "Basic Economy", it was over $600. Since my wife has medallion status (and is traveling with me), we get two bags free and upgraded to Comfort +. Now, I did pick opposite window seats (compared to isle and window in exit row) because I would have been the middle seat in the + section.
That's crazy that Basic would cost $200 more than Standard. I miss Delta who quit Lubbock after my daughter & I both made Million Mile status. So and your wife both have window seats? "Oh well, meet you in Mexico honey."

I'm pretty sure that the way airlines arrange their flights these days, a stop usually means changing planes and making a connection. I can't remember the last time I sat in my seat during a stop.
I did say they are rare. I found one on Southwest when I was searching cheaper flights to Cancun, and it turns out that they have three that day from Lubbock to Houston - that take 3 hours as compared to United's 1½ hour nonstop flights between the same cities.
Capture.JPG

Or looking at Southwest flights from Austin to Denver, they do have nonstops that take a little over 2 hours, 2 flight itineraries that take about 4¼ to 5 ¾ hours, or direct flights with the same plane & flight number with 1 stop in El Paso or Kansas City that takes about 4¼ hours. I guess there is a hidden perk there of staying on the plane and choosing a better seat after the first leg in the interim stop.

Well, they also list another itinerary for the desperate that makes an interim stop in Dallas, then changes planes in Santa Anna CA that takes over 8 hours and costs more - how much more depending on details. I doubt that they sell many of those.

Price is basic economy. Dates are 5/11 - 5/18. If you want to pick your seat, add $60. Not as cheap as my upcoming flight, but still pretty good out of ATL.

I wish I could plan May trips in November.

Back
Top Bottom