Atmos2 Battery Comp. O ring size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the O-ring. Aeris sells a kit that includes an o-ring, battery
and some silicon grease. If that doesn't work, perhaps there is
something wrong with your case, or cover.
Perhaps it got cross threaded at one point?

--- bill

Bill,
After getting it home and trying again to get the silly battery cover in properly, I took the black plastic locking ring and set it on a flat surface and it appeared slightly warped. It did not rock from side to side where the locking tabs are but did slightly rock at the opposite sides. While talking with Bellsouths internet help desk (which must have wound me up just a little, 1.5 hours to fix my internet connection, dangit man) I did get the clear battery cover to squeeze down and fully engage the O-ring (I think). I slid the locking ring down and got it locked in place with no wobbles indicated. I next submersed it in a clear glass bowl and looked for bubbles (Air out=water in) While definitely not the same as at depth, it did not appear to be leaking. I will keep my fingers crossed for the dives this weekend and let you know if it fixed it or not. If that doesn't fix it, I think a new cover may have to be ordered. Thanks everybody!

Hi TurbineTech2 PM me your address and I will mail you an o-ring from us to be sure you have the right one. The assembly should be snug. Directions for installation are in the owners manual with photos. If you no longer have the manual you can download it from our website www.diveaeris.com. We (AERIS) also have a section on Scuba Board if you ever have questions about our equipment.

Thanks Sting J,
I pm'ed you with my information. Thanks again for responding. That's what is so great about this BB. So many fellow divers and manufacturers that are willing to lend a hand. My son and I thank ya'll very much for all the help. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend. :D :D

What an excellent weekend!! The o-ring sealed and worked like a champ!! Thanks to everyone for their input, especially Sting J:D :D My son completed his open water cert, and did a great job!! He was very comfortable in the water at depth and is ready to go back to Lake Jocassee next weekend and dive some more!! My thanks to Mark, Tim and Reese at Bermuda Triangle in Greenville for doing such a great job with Johnny!! Mark and Reese had their scooters at the lake this weekend and let Johnny try it out on the surface with his BC inflated. Thanks again to everyone for their input on my PDC problem!! Dive safe and dive often :D :lol:

I have a new Atmos 2 and was checking it out and opened the battery compartment. Now I'm not sure if it is replaced like it should be and am concerned. I put the o-ring around the clear cover but could not get the clear cover to snap into place - it sort of rides in top of the battery compartment. I can see the o-ring around the clear cover. Should the clear cover with the o-ring snap into the battery compartment completely. I have not been able to make it do so. When I close the clear cover I hold down the clear cover and then put the locking cover ring over it and use a screwdriver to close the locking cover ring. The locking cover ring seems to lock as its supposed to and the clear cover underneath doesn't move but I'm afraid it may not be sealed right. I looked at the manual and it isn't clear if the clear cover snaps completely into the battery compartment. I just don't want to flood the battey compartment.

Stormbringer,
If the clear cover does not rock, then I would think it is sealed properly. When mine did not seal, it would move some. When I finally got it sealed correctly, it did not move at all. Even when it didn't seal and water got inside the battery compartment, it did not seem to affect the computer. I am sure the manufacturer would not recommend letting water inside the battery compartment, however it happened to me on three dives with no adverse effects once I got it to seal correctly. The computer actually worked correctly for approximately 1 hour until the battery started to indicate a low battery alarm. Let me know if you have other questions.

turbinetech2 thanks a bunch. It sounds like what Aeris told me...it just seemed a bit confusing in the manual. My Atmos 2 sealed fine and no rocking or moving of the clear cover at all. I just wasn't sure if the clear cover was just supposed to rest on the battery compartment or snap into place before the locking cover was put on. I understand that the clear cover with o-ring is just positioned over the battery compartment openning and you make sure the o-ring covers any of openning of the battery compartment below. Then its sealed with the lock ring which tightens down the whole assembly. You just keep the clear cover in place with your thumb to keep it from sliding around and losing position over the battery compartment openning while you lock it down with the locking ring.

Atmos and walrus's both like the same thing.
Tight Seals

Back
Top Bottom