atom, d6, stinger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnulab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

I'm trying to cut through the wealth of information out there about dive computers. I have learnt few of the features that initially I wasn't aware but find it really important to have.

I have kinda narrowed it down to 3 items, Atom 2.0 (without the transmitter), Suunto D6 & Suunto Stinger. I am still open to other brands & models too as long as it still fits my criteria.

My condition:

In my country, the only available dive computer importer is Suunto, the rest are mostly carried by divers from around the world. Thus, servicing will be really difficult.

However, I like the more liberal NDL algorithm provided by Oceanic/Aeris, so I wouldn't mind trading the inconvenience with long bottom times, considering these watches hardly break. It would be a plus point if I could change the battery myself, considering point #1 above.

A dilemma, thus, I would like to fire few questions before I can make better judgement.

1. When certain type of watch allows user to change battery, does that mean any brand of battery will do or it still has to use the same brand but we could change it ourself?

2. Which brand & model wrist style dive computer has user changable battery feature?

3. I have looked at Oceanic Atom. It states that it could log only 24 dives. Help me understand that after 24 dives, it will start to overwrite older dives?

4. If that's correct, could anyone recommend me the brand & model of wrist style dive computer that has more liberal NDL algorithm and yet has the ability to log hundreds of dives?

5. Between Suunto D6 & Stinger, I read Suunto D6 has bottom timer, does Stinger has that feature too?

6. Which online retailer in the USA offer deep discount? Also, considering the financial crisis going on, will there be further promo?

Please advise, thank you.

Henry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom