Atomic Cobalt 2 Upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Cobalt 2 alarms on the surface when you swap tanks. How do I stop or silence that? I have all alarms set to OFF.
What firmware version do you have?

Turning off the Alert Settings (Low gas 1 & 2, max depth) doesn't turn off Alarms, like out of air, PO2, or ascent rate. To turn off those you need to have recent firmware and turn off all audible alarms- Silent mode.

That said, the only way you should be hearing an alarm on the surface is if you turned off the gas supply during the two minutes after reaching the surface during which the Cobalt is still technically "in" the dive- that is to say during the allowable surface interval where if you re-descended you would be continuing the same dive, rather than starting another. So you could be hearing an alarm if the gas was turned off immediately on surfacing. That is, unless you were using the silence all option, which turns off all sounds.

Does this fit with what you experience?

Ron

If only all dive computer manufacturers delivered this level of service on SB...:snoopydance:

Back
Top Bottom