Atomic Cobalt or Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for all the advice! I'll update in a couple weeks after I get back from Belize to let everyone know what I think.... and hopefully post some pics of the dives.

I can tell you from personal experience that Belize and the Cobalt work very well together. Congrats on the new toy.

I'm late to this thread but I think you made a good decision on the cobalt. I own a Mares HD Icon w/transmitter and while it is a good computer it has some issues. My main concern is the battery is very very lacking, you can charge it to 100% and sit it down and come back 1.5 weeks later and it'll be dead. That along with getting the charger to work, and getting it to work with the mares dive organizer is a royal pain.

I just purchased 2x cobalts this past weekend (one for me and one for the wife) but I haven't got to use them yet...headed to roatan next month.

I recently bought a used Oceanic Atom 3.1 (wireless) to back up my cobalt. It is true that the Cobalt alarm is hard for me to hear. Everybody else hears it except me. Go figure.

Naomi, I really enjoyed those pictures of your Belize trip you posted.......lol:confused:

Back
Top Bottom