atomic regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started diving in 1995, and it took me until 2006 to upgrade from my initial equipment package. The difference from my very reliable Oceanic rig to my current M1 is indescribable! I love the product, it is very well built and breathes like a dream! I tried most every big name brand prior to making the investment in the Atomics rig and the competition was stiff but AQtomics came out ahead in my own evaluation. I encourage you to try before you buy and see what works best for you. The B2 swivel has great reviews, I may add to my rig later. I have nothing but kudos for Atomics and nothing negative for any other major brand. Oceanic did me well for a long time and I hated to change, but Atomics was better at the time of my purchase. Good luck.
Paul

As many of the above, my wife and I dive the B2/SS1 combo... and I can't say enough good things about them. When I see others fussing with 'lesser' regs, it reaffirms my decision.

Dragged them both through a brutally sandy course recently, and they continue to perform flawlessly (with the exception of having gotten a bit of sand into the swivel, which I'll tend to).

As for the T2, I like the idea of a titanium 1st stage, however, the admonition NOT to switch between air and EAN would have driven me nuts... I'll stick with my B2, price notwithstanding...

eanxgirl:
Well, I've only had my B2 to 220 feet, but it worked great there too.

That should have been 105 feet. I tired to go back and edit the post but the Edit button did not show even though I am logged in.

Honestly? Don't bother with the more expensive Atomics. Get the basic Z2, it's as good a reg as you'll ever need -- for anything, including the most extreme technical diving. It breathes beautifully, can be O2 cleaned no problem, is highly reliable, has great hose routing, and the second stage can be disassembled underwater. And you know what? The mechanical design is identical to the more expensive Atomics. Identical - you will find zero difference in breathing performance between the regs.

You don't need the Monel construction. You don't need the Titanium construction. You don't need second stage swivels. You don't need first stage swivels.

Just get the Z2. You'll be happy with it and you'll save a lot of money.

I have the Z2. It is my first reg set. I had no real idea what I was doing, but I got it because everything I read said the Atomics were the sweetest breathers and that all of the models breathed the same.

This weekend, I had the opportunity to dive an Oceanic Delta 4/FDX. After two dives, I wanted to go back to my Atomics!

Paco II:
If all the review scores of the T2 were the same as the B2, I'd be saying the same things. But I really want to know why the T2 got such better ergo scores.

My theory is this:

$800 fewer dollars in your wallet makes it significantly thinner and allows you to sit more comfortably on it. :D

For the record, I have a Z2 and it is great. Don't see the need to drop all that cash on the others when, apparently, they all breathe more or less the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom