Attaching a knife to a Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what I've done on my Knighthawk. I couldn't find a knife that fit the cumberband strap but this worked out well for a smaller knife by threading the strap through the holster then mating straps together. I have knife pointed down and both hands can reach it.

IMG_5338.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

I have a Knighthawk BC and want to attach a small dive knife (preferably just above the weight pocket). My LDS suggested to not put any kind of holes in the Knighthawk material as it will begin to unravel. I was planning on using a soldering iron to melt the fabric after I make the mount hole. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

I know a dive instructor that went to a marine shop and had them punch 2 holes in it and grommet them. He has about 400 dives and it hasn't come apart at all. Keyword on the grommet. He also has a knighthawk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom