Attaching bolt snap to SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al248005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What size cave line does everyone use to attach the bolt snaps to SPG and long hose. I'm new to the tech side of the things and went on DRIS and every different size of line had reviews of people who loved each size. So I bought 1/8" and found it to be rather big in diameter which made it tough to get the knot tight.

I'll take about 6-8 feet of line off my finger spools and that becomes the line I use. Most of mine are #24 or #18.

black-zip-tie.jpg

I use a piece of inner tube. I can break it if I want to and if it fails, nothing is lost.

PSVZert.jpg

Good luck with them zipties
PSVZert
That says more about the scissors than the zip tie. I've never used a zip tie that couldn't be broken by twisting it. I have them on my spg and bungee fin straps and have never had one break unintentionally.

That says more about the scissors than the zip tie. I've never used a zip tie that couldn't be broken by twisting it. I have them on my spg and bungee fin straps and have never had one break unintentionally.
its a joke...

I also use a small zip tie, only for SPG. Regulator bolt snaps are on with cave line.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom