Attack off emerald isle yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yardpro

Contributor
Reaction score
Morehead City, North Carolina, United States
# of dives
0 - 24
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about the dangers swimming in the waters off emerald isle

I was diving the cassimere. everything was going fine. No real fish to shoot ( i was hunting for grouper or flounder.
I was surfacing,an was doing y 15 min safety stop and was attacked without any provocation. I am lucky to still be here to type the tale.

I saw something swimming at me thought "is it coming at ME?"....

without any provocation i was attacked by a remora....that is right...the dreaded remora......

i saw him swimming u to me from about 30' slowly an methodically fining towards me... he had a look of blood lust in his eyes....

i i first tried to knock it away from me with the butt of my spear gun. that id nothing by make the beast more determined to fulfill its deadly objective...

the last strike hit him aft of his midline and actually spun him towards me... he took the advantage of my misstep and swam at me, flipping over exposing his tread like head In as last ditch attempt to keep the beast from latching on to my exposed flesh (no wetsuit) i tried to fend him off with my left arm... the clever satan spawn tried to latch onto my hand.....

It was relentless..... I could not get it away.. i was swimming in a circle with one hand holding onto the anchor line i was breathing heavily and the bubbles were obscuring my vision... i lost site of the beast. I kept feeling him hit me trying to attack an kept fending it off...

somehow i temporarily deterred it. it swam away out of sight. I did not trust that the encounter was over. I kept looking all around me for the next attack...

I saw the beast swimming in from the bottom right trying to flank me. I then realized that the entire time i possessed a sear and a few knives... no more mister nice guy from me. I healed my sear out in front and jabbed him as he approached... with no effect. he continued his assault on my virgin skin.

i again lined up and with all the force i could muster hit him again with the point. finally success.... he went into a spasmodic dive...
this attracted the attention of one of the large barracuda that were hanging out on the anchor line. He heroically rushed own the dispatch my attacker...

i have been scarred from the incident an am seeking the advice of a local therapist that deals with life altering event like this... every time i look at a tire, i start reliving the experience..... all i see is that tread head relentlessly attaching me for no reason....
What am i to do?

:rofl3::rofl3:

In the words of Charles Brown, "Oh brother"

Bloodlust ???...nah simple lust. You're a lot less scratchy than his usually paramours.

Frankenmora! Coming soon to a theater near you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 370
cute....that darn thing was like a it bull......

no i di not kill it... i dissuaded it... the barracuda killed it.
Oh sure transfer blame :idk: :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom