Auction outcome?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirkhh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The auction of the uemis assets should have finished by now... does anyone have any information what happened?

I heard rumors that no one bid on "all of it", but I also heard that several people had intended to make bids for the remaining inventory, for replacement parts, etc.

And of course I hope that someone bid for the software assets, including whatever they had done so far for TriMix.

Given that I love my uemis SDA I'd be very interested in buying a second transmitter, maybe a replacement battery - but no store appears to have any of that in stock :(

I have filed a request for reimbursement (spelling?) because I have a broken SDA under warranty. But so far I haven't got any news about the progress of the case nor any money has been transferred.

I have an update regarding the auction.

- The assets were initially proposed at a whole package for something over 100000 CHF. Apparently no one was interested by the whole thing but more on several items of the inventory lists like replacement parts (note: they have dozens of transmitters, dozens of lipo, cover, thousands of straps)
- Now the notariate lowered the price and the starting price for the whole set of assets is now 50000 CHF. They still don't plan (for now) to sell items separately but it seems like it's their next plan if no one put the 50000 CHF on the table.

So... It seems like no big player in the dive industry is willing to give a second chance to UEMIS.

Just got an email regarding the auction: people have now 14 days to make an offer for the whole business including computers, parts, furniture. Therefore in case someone here wants to buy UEMIS, it's time to wake up. That also includes the data from the webservers (uemis.com , uemis.org) .

Just got an email regarding the auction: people have now 14 days to make an offer for the whole business including computers, parts, furniture. Therefore in case someone here wants to buy UEMIS, it's time to wake up. That also includes the data from the webservers (uemis.com , uemis.org) .
but it includes NOTHING you could use to make a business of it. You could keep some uemis owners happy but not actually move forward. they want too much and you aren't getting patents or IP. My 2 psi

I agree with you about the high price they ask and it's also probably why this liquidation process takes so long. There have been rumours about a couple of european manufacturers taking over UEMIS but, it seems like most if not all potential bidders are only interested by the remaining parts or some piece of codes to move to the trimix update.

An utopian scenario would be a big manufacturer putting back in business the UEMIS staff but that would not imply previous UEMIS products would be covered by any warranty and if it was the case, the manufacturer would probably have to deal with already existing faulty units (battery, depth sensors). Another scenario would be to develop a new range of dive computers from the UEMIS experience but in that case, that would also leave the current owners of the SDA stranded somewhere.

Anyway the epilogue for UEMIS seems near.

So how would someone send in a lowball offer? If they are open to anything, someone is going to get a heck of a deal.

but it includes NOTHING you could use to make a business of it. You could keep some uemis owners happy but not actually move forward. they want too much and you aren't getting patents or IP. My 2 psi

Now this made me curious. If the patents do not belong to Uemis, to whom then?? :confused:

Pretty obvious nobody wants to buy the leftovers, if you can't make a business out of it..

from what I understand, the old owners seemed to have multiple companies they owned, uemis didn't actually own the IP and patents, other companies did.
Now this made me curious. If the patents do not belong to Uemis, to whom then?? :confused:

Pretty obvious nobody wants to buy the leftovers, if you can't make a business out of it..

from what I understand, the old owners seemed to have multiple companies they owned, uemis didn't actually own the IP and patents, other companies did.

Let me guess, IP was transferred just before the liquidation process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom