Auction outcome?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 12 others patents look like to be the same than the 4 I've listed but are linked to other countries.

Regarding, the transfer from one company to the other, the infocube website is interesting regarding the activity in the swiss commercial registry of the former brains from UEMIS. It seems like they are or were part of various businesses with interesting names like dynatron, dynatronics, Votec. Dynatron and dynatronics were apparently involved in the development of uwatec computers and oxyspy. Votec seems to be some sort of patent agency and belongs to Ernst Vollm... Not sure if UEMIS had some business with Votec but I wouldn't be terribly surprised to discover that some of the technology involved in the SDA was protected from the bankrupcy by VoTec. On the other hand, I don't know anything about registering and protecting patents in Switzerland.

Thanks for the files, subacastor.

It definitely looks like a rather complicated web of different companies (almost suspiciously complicated... :confused6:).
Well, I don't think there is a huge difference in the patent laws in Switzerland compared to Europe (it's first of all f***ing expensive to get something patented, then protection is only granted for limited time and patents can be traded).

Votec holding some of the patents used in the SDA might be due to the fact, that the patents belong to Ernst Völlm and he brought them into Uemis, which - as a company - doesn't belong to him entirely. Like this he can protect his intellectual ownership even if Uemis goes belly up..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom