August Get Together and BBQ in Monterey? Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay, there have been a lot of rumblings of people wanting to get together, go diving, etc. So, I am going to put this out there.

Is anyone interested in doing something this month in Monterey? I was thinking something along the lines of meeting at the Breakwater, having some food, drinks, do some diving. Perhaps I can actually find the metridium field off the old pipeline!?! :eyebrow: It might be a nice way for some of the single-divers (meaning no buddies, not romantically single, although that's fine too) to meet some other divers, etc.

So, is anyone interested? If so, what's your availability like? Saturday or Sunday - your choice. I am happy to be the point person and organize this - even maybe be responsible for the BBQ stuff so long as there is interest. Cheers all!

me me me!

My dive buddy just moved to London so keeping buddy contact will be difficult with him.
I am a newly single diver :( so more friends the better.

John

I am interested. I have AOW on the 25-26th.

If it lands on August 25 Saturday, then no can do as I'm in Pt. Lobos the whole day.

This weekend is full for me, but Sunday the 19th works good for me. I definitely need to find more dive buddies. :)

I have never dove Monastery, and would definitely be interested. I would be curious, however, as to whether or not some of the beginner divers would be ill-equip for diving there as I have heard that it is an advanced dive. I would prefer to have a low-key event (unless other chime in for Monastery) and more divers who are relaxed, etc. But this is not solely my decision.

the 19th will probably be better, since I'll be busy with AOW the 25/26. What time you thinking? Earlier the better for me.

Monastery...hmmm...let me think about that.:chicken:

I was thinking earlier would be best as well. Although I do like diving in the afternoon after most of the OW classes move out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom