AUL vs. Halcyon lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone tried the abyss or abysmal wreck lights? They seem to be pretty interesting and I have been thinking about ordering one.

hunter991 once bubbled...
Has anyone tried the abyss or abysmal wreck lights? They seem to be pretty interesting and I have been thinking about ordering one.
They look like a Sartek light to me and probably cheaper through sartek www.sarind.com

Please for give me for being ignorant.... but is there a web address for the AUL light I would like to take a peak at one of them.............
Rob

Thanks Much :)

Halcyon has the reputation and experience to back it up, but do the research and decide what's best for you. Ok, it may be blind faith, but I trust it when people like George Irvine and Jarrod Jablonski and the members of their team use Halcyon lights. No one has penetrated as deep and far as they have, and that speaks volumes.

noshow once bubbled...

i have, however, recently purchased a halcyon helios 4.5 HID. i think i have about 10 dives on it or so on the new rig. i can truely say that i am 100% satisfied with this particular light.
Good for you. I wish you continued success with this light...just keep your fingers crossed. I only wish I could say I was 100% satisfied with mine :-(

WKPP? or WKPP2? I see a link to the USDCT report, and to a Karstdive report in Turkey, but nothing about the WKPP itself.

(not knocking the AUL lights, either, I'll probably get one of their smaller HID as my first canister light)

double125's once bubbled...
Attatched is a photo of what a 10 watt hid looks like on land. Not something you want to be shining in someones eyes. Just for the record "DIR Tec Diver" AUL used to build for wkpp. here is the link if you want to research it.
http://aulinc.com/Htm_Files/AUL Reports/Reports Main.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom